68|mieczysław

So close!

——————————

"You want to bite Stiles?" Lydia repeated

Lydia, Scott, Malia, Liam, Isaac and I all stood in the Sheriff's station. We had just run over everything that we had all learnt. Apparently, Scott, Liam and the rest of their group had managed to catch a Ghost Rider.

However, the creature had ended up dead, having a bite taken out of the back of its head by Mr Douglas, the most recent hire at Beacon Hills High School.

The attack on the Ghost Rider was what had kept Peter from getting taken again also, so he was back with us. How long for though, I couldn't say.

"To get him through the rift," Scott confirmed.

Peter gave a doubtful smile as he looked at the boy, "Just to clarify, are you planning on biting everyone in the train station?"

I wasn't about to agree with Peter out loud, but he did have a point.

"With Stiles back, he'll be able to help us figure out a plan," Scott explained.

Isaac nodded, "He was good at that sort of thing."

Peter almost laughed as he faced them. "So the plan is to get Stiles to come up with a plan."

"You can shut up now," Malia said bitterly.

"Malia, look around. We're the only ones left in Beacon Hills. If they take us, Lydia will be the only one left to haunt the place."

"We're not going to let that happen," I said immediately, not wanting the girl to ever believe that we would abandon her.

"And that's why I'm the only person going in," Scott informed the man. "Liam and Hayden will stay here with Mason. As long as somebody is left in Beacon Hills, the Wild Hunt can't move on."

"I like your plan, Scott, I really do, especially the part about turning Stiles," Peter claimed. "But it can't work."

"Who says?" I asked.

"Logic," he scoffed. "Life experience. Liam, what are the odds that he'll get taken? What id Stiles isn't there? What if there's no Beacon Hills for you to come back to?"

"You got a better idea?" Liam countered.

"Yeah. It's called 'run like hell,'" he told us. "So, leave in five."

I shook my head as I looked at him, "How many times do I need to say that we're not just going to give up on him?"

"You promised you'd help us," Malia reminded him. "We still need to find the rift."

The man lolled his head to the side, seeming genuinely concerned. "I didn't promise I'd help you commit suicide."

"If you can't help, we can find it ourselves," Scott told him, not in the mood for Peter and his negativity.