85|final fight

I can't believe this is the final chapter. Epilogue will be posted Monday x

——————————

We made it to the school in about twenty minutes even going over the speed limit

We made it to the school in about twenty minutes even going over the speed limit. Stiles wanted to go faster, but I warned him that even though I also wanted to get there sooner, we also needed to get there alive.

The school was quiet when we arrived. Moving through the hallway, I pulled to a stop when I noticed a stone statue.

"Dad," I whispered, seeing that it was Peter. "They have Iris and now even Peter is gone."
I was shocked at myself for a moment, realising that I had never called him 'dad' before. I knew it was probably just all of my emotions, but it still caught me off guard.

I listened carefully for a moment like Scott had told me to do with Isaac, my eyes widening. "Stiles, he still has a heartbeat."

"That means there's a chance we can save them all," he said, taking my hand. "Let's go."

We started running again when I thought I heard a whisper. Slowing down I looked round to try and see where it had come from.

"Ri, what are you doing?" Stiles asked.

"Did you hear that?" I questioned.

Stiles shook his head, "I didn't hear anything."

"Go," I told him, letting go of his hand. "I'll catch up."

"Ri-"

"Go," I said more firmly.

Stiles pursed his lips but went anyway. I walked down the hallway slowly and that's when I felt it. A crippling sense of fear made my body freeze, getting me to stop in my tracks. Quickly realising that it was the Anuk-ite, I closed my eyes.

"Riley," I heard a familiar voice say.

"Stiles?" I questioned, keeping my eyes shut. "I thought you went to find Scott?"

"I'm not Stiles," the voice said. I could almost hear the smirk in his voice. "Try again, Little Sylph."

The Nogitsune.

"Void," I whispered, my blood turning to ice in my veins.

I felt a hand trail up my arm, "I'm glad to hear you didn't forget about me. How about you open those pretty eyes?"

"No," I growled. "I'm not going to do that, so you might as well walk away."

"Is that right?"

Moving out of his reach, I turned around and began walking. I kept my eyes closed, hoping that I would make it to the door without tripping over.

"Where are you going, Ri?" a different voice asked.

I stopped immediately, instantly feeling sick to my stomach.
"Mum?" I asked softly.