62|ride the lightning

Another chapter already? Woah, that's out of character

This season was so stressful

——————————

After the moment of shock wore off, Lydia looked at the man

After the moment of shock wore off, Lydia looked at the man. "You know Scott isn't your son?"

Elias looked at her, his frown deepening. "Of course I know that. Are brains getting smaller with skirts?"

Malia growled at the forwardness of the man, her eyes narrowing as she watched him walk to the other side of the table. I reached over to hold her wrist, getting her to focus, "It's alright."

Elias looked down to Scott after Lydia had pointed to him, "So you're that McCall kid."

Scott seemed taken aback for a slight moment, before turning to face the man. "You know me?"

"I know your dad," he clarified. "Couldn't hold his liquor and he certainly couldn't keep that wedding ring on his finger. Pretty young thing would walk by and poof, that ring just disappeared like magic."

My eyes went to Scott, noticing how the boy was focusing on staying calm. He was doing well, but I could tell by the look on his face that he was pissed off.

"Do you know all of us?" Lydia asked, not losing the opportunity we had to ask questions while the man had clarity.

The man pointed to the Banshee, "You're Natalie Martin's girl. Am I right? You look like her. She was pretty once, too. She also liked to talk like she was the smartest person in the room."

"Stop talking," Malia warned, her eyes beginning to glow.

I held tighter onto Malia's wrist, saying her name in warning.
Elias looked down at me, my voice drawing his attention. "And you must be Carol and Joseph's youngest. Although, neither of them was exactly loyal to each other, either."

Malia's claws came out again, a growl escaping her. Scott and I went to stop her when someone from behind us shouted "Enough."

We all turned to see the Sheriff and an orderly standing behind us. My eyes fell, the shame of going behind the Sheriff's back finally hitting.

Scott frowned, "Sheriff, we. . ."

"I explicitly told you not to come here," the man reminded us, clearly angry. "And who attacked a staff member?"

The orderly pointed to Malia, "That's her."

The werecoyote growled again, glaring across at the orderly. He was lucky there were witnesses, or I wasn't sure what Malia would have done now that she was struggling with control.

"What the hell were you thinking?" The Sheriff asked.

"Noah. We were just having a nice conversation," Elias told his son.