28|on edge

So, by the looks of it, this part is going to be shorter than normal. I'm already almost half way through this season and only on chapter 5. Plus, there are less episodes in each part of season 5 than there is in season 3 A and B. I don't know, we'll see how we go.

——————————

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

After the confrontation at the Sheriff's station, the Sheriff sorted things out with his deputies before heading out on his date. The boys and I had left around the same time, planning on going to Stiles' to watch a movie since his Dad was going to be out.

Unfortunately, we had yet to leave the parking lot. The Jeep had decided to stall again, so I was scrolling through Instagram in the backseat as Stiles tried to get the engine going.

"It's anxiety," Stiles said out of no where.

I glanced up from my phone to see that Scott had been staring at Stiles. His werewolf senses gave him the ability to sense emotions like that, something even a Sylph couldn't do.

"What is?" Scott asked as if Stiles hadn't noticed him.

Stiles turned to him, "The chemo signals? Oh, I'm well aware of how you all monitor my emotional state. With or without the abilities."

My eyes tracked to the rear view mirror to see him making eye contact with me when he said that. He was right, I wasn't about to deny that. He was my boyfriend and I cared about him, of course I'd be monitoring something like that.

When the Jeep didn't start again, Stiles punched the steering wheel in anger. The sudden burst made me jump, not expecting that.

Stiles was always the level-headed, calm one. But recently something had changed; he had changed. I just wanted him to believe that things were going to be okay, but I wasn't even sure I could believe that anymore.

"You okay?" Scott asked Stiles. His voice was so dulcet, not letting on what he thought of Stiles' outburst, which was similar to the one the night we followed Theo. The night which further solidified Scott's view that Theo was just here for the Pack.

Stiles seemed to look at himself in the mirror, deciding what to tell us. "All right."
He dug into his pocket and grabbed his phone out, unlocking it. "I got this from Braeden a few hours ago. That's the first real bit of information we've gotten on the Desert Wolf in months."

He handed his phone to Scott, who scanned the screen. "The Desert Wolf did this?"

"Yeah. And I'm the one who's been pulling on this thread."

I already knew what was on the screen, since Stiles and I had been doing this together. I couldn't imagine dying the way those people had. Malia's mother was really something else.

Leaning forward, I put my hand on his arm. "You're not the only one Stiles."

"Maybe you both need to stop, then," Scott suggested, as if it were that simple. He didn't understand, he always acted like he was so sure of everything.