84|another problem

One more chapter after this and then the epilogue

——————————

I didn't spend too long in the bath, cleaning the blood off and getting out

I didn't spend too long in the bath, cleaning the blood off and getting out. After drying myself off and wrapping myself in a towel I left the bathroom only to nearly run directly into Charlotte. She hadn't been lying when she said she would be right outside.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"A bit better," I told her, tightening the towel. "I haven't changed my mind, Char. I'm going to go and find Scott."

"I know. I realised a long time ago that I couldn't convince you to stay home," she sighed through a smile. "Just be careful, okay? And let me know if you find Iris."

"The phones are down, but I'll bring her back home."

I went into my room to get changed when I remembered that Charlotte had told Isaac to come in here to rest. Trying to gather my clothing quietly, I heard Isaac groan and sit up.
"Hey, are you okay?"

"You're the one who basically just came back from the dead, I should be asking you that," I said through a humourless laugh.

"I'm fine," he said, lifting his shirt to show his blemishless skin. "See? All gone."

I gathered the rest of my clothes and headed back in the direction of the door. "I'm glad. Get some rest. I'll be back later."

"Where are you going?"

"After Scott."

Isaac got up off of my bed and walked over to me, "That's way too dangerous."

"It doesn't matter," I shrugged. "He's one of my best friends. I can't let him do this alone."

"Then I'm coming with you," he stated.

I immediately shook my head, "No way, you're staying and getting some rest. And besides, I would feel better knowing someone was her to look after Charlotte. Please?"

Isaac looked like he wanted to argue, but instead he set his jaw and nodded. Giving him a small smile, I stepped forward and hugged him, thanking him.

"Just be careful. Please," he told me.

I nodded once more before heading to the bathroom to get dressed and go after Scott.

♧♤♢♡

I drove for an hour until I got to the underpass where Scott and Malia were supposed to be meeting Deucalion. When I pulled to a stop, I noticed that Lydia and Peter were there also. I wondered if they had found the rest of the Pack like they said they were going to? Or if they had found Jackson.

"Riley? What are you doing here? Where's Isaac?" Scott asked as I approached.

"Scott, I was there when you were bitten and for every moment after that. If you don't think I'm going to see this through, you're kidding yourself," I told him. "Isaac is at my place. I asked him to keep an eye on Charlotte since Iris went missing."