13|take responsibility

I forget how much happens in this season sometimes.

Question of the Chapter: Would you want to be worth the most, or the least on the Deadpool? Keeping in mind that being the least would make you an easy target, but being the most would put you at the top of a lot of people's hit list.

——————————

✧*:・゚Stiles・゚:*✧

✧*:・゚Stiles・゚:*✧

Lydia had finally been able to unlock the last third of the Deadpool. It would have been some sort of relief, if the cipher code hadn't been Derek's name.

Considering that the last two were Allison and Aiden, who were currently dead, my expectations for Derek to survive the Benefactor were slimming.

But none of that had me on edge as much as my fight with Riley. It was pretty one-sided, and rightfully so. She was right, I should have told her. And now she was God knows where.

"Hey, I messaged Riley but she hasn't responded. I didn't think she would. I just kinda hoped, you know?" Scott said as we sat on the floor of his bedroom. Apparently he had something important to show me that couldn't wait until morning.

Which was fine, because I needed to show him the Deadpool anyway.

I chewed on my lip anxiously as I twisted my hands, "She's not coming."

Scott's brows furrowed as he looked at me. "But she went to the station with you guys this morning, didn't she?"

"Yeah, well she still hates us right now," I informed him, trying to laugh as if it were a joke. I wish it was. "I was going to tell her. And then she got the real Deadpool."

"I told you not to give her a fake, man," he sighed.

"Well, I needed to do something until I figured out how to break it to her. Believe it or not, this wasn't what I had planned."

"She can't hate us forever. And you guys will work it out, I know you will."

I scoffed, "Says the one who told me that me and her would never happen."

"That was back when we were in elementary school," he defended quickly.

We had a small laugh, as I ran a hand through my hair. "Things were easier back then."

Scott gave me a small look of pity, before he fell serious. "Look, we'll figure this out. But, right now-"

He dragged a lacrosse bag out from under his bed, unzipping it slowly. Inside, was wads upon wads of different notes. Shakily, I reached a hand in. I half expected it to be an illusion, shocked when my fingers touched the money.

I stared at it for a moment longer, before retracting my hand. "You counted it yet?"

"No," he replied, staring down at the money. He looked so conflicted about it. I didn't blame him either. Without even counting it, I could already tell there was so much in there. Thousands.