17|here to help

I hope that wasn't super cringe. I'd been avoiding it for ages because I wasn't sure how to write it, but it felt like the right time for both of them, so I hope it wasn't too weird haha (it definitely still felt weird to write)

Question of the Chapter: Who is your favourite ship from the entire series?

——————————

Stiles and I had been laying side by side for almost ten minutes, just blissfully silent

Stiles and I had been laying side by side for almost ten minutes, just blissfully silent. I could feel my heart still trying to steady itself after what we'd done.

Laying there next to him, staring into his warm coffee eyes as he ran his hand gently up and down my bare back, I had never felt safer than I did in that very moment. But the other shoe was always waiting to drop, waiting to ruin every small bit of happiness we managed to find.

"I can't believe we were together a whole year before doing that," Stiles said as he was attempting to catch his breath, his chest heaving.

And yet, even though everything in this town was so uncertain, I knew I could count on Stiles.
"I can't believe we've been together for a year now," I said softly.

He blinked, confused, "Why can't you believe that?"

"Just after everything we've been through, nothing really felt stable. I was worried it would be the same for us," I shrugged, moving closer to him to allow the heat from his skin to roll over me.
"When did you know?"

Stiles frowned as he wrapped his arms around me. "What do you mean?"

"You said you had a crush on me forever. When did that start?"

He smiled as he ran his fingers up and down my spine, leaving fire in his wake. His smile could power cities, his eyes focused only on me.
"When Scott and I met as kids, we thought it was going to be just the two of us. But then, we all got put in the same class. You were this cute girl with pig tails who wasn't afraid to come up to us because you wanted to be our friend.

"My feelings for you. . . they came later. I knew I liked you as more than a friend in elementary school, after my mum had died. I had had that panic attack at school and those other kids were making fun of me and Scott was away. You stuck by my side, yelling at them all to leave me alone. You even shoved that douche Carter to the ground," he laughed.

Stiles looked me in the eyes, arm around me still. "When we started high school, Scott told me it would probably not work out and that it was best to stay friends, but I still kept hoping."

My hand cupped the side of his face, studying him. "I'm glad you did," I said softly.

He put his hand on top of mine, watching me carefully. "When did you know?"

I took a moment to think. When did I?
"I think. . . part of me always kind of knew, but I didn't think it would happen. The point where I really realised, was that day after the full moon where you made me miss class. We were sitting in the courtyard and everything just felt different. I can't really explain it."