50|not that easy

The fact that Lydia can't heal as fast as other supernatural creatures and still survived having a hole drilled into her head always amazed me. Love her.

——————————

Josh, Malia and I worked together to get Corey onto one of the morgue tables

Josh, Malia and I worked together to get Corey onto one of the morgue tables. The boy cried out in pain, but we needed to lay him down somewhere.

"Why isn't he healing?" Josh asked us.

Malia scanned the boy, before shrugging lightly. "Maybe he can't. Maybe it's too much. Or maybe it's the pain."

"He's going to die, isn't he?"

"Only if he doesn't start healing soon," I said, giving my best opinion as I listened for the boy's heartbeat. "His heart rate is slowing down, so if we're going to do something, it needs to be soon."

Josh was beginning to panic, clearly worried for his Packmate. "What do we do? You can't heal him, can you?"

"Neither of us can," Malia informed him. "But I can take his pain. It could help. It might even get him to start healing."

"Then do it."

"You first. You said you could help her."

We all ducked somewhat as another burst of electricity rolled off of Kira. Even unconscious, her ability was threatening all of us.

Josh looked down at the girl, "Yeah, but it's not like taking voltage from a car battery. She's got a lot more power than that. Are you going to do something or not?"

"When you help her. I don't trust you," Malia responded.

"I don't trust you either," Josh bit back.

Stepping between them, I held my hands up, "Well, how about we all not trust each other, and you two do your things at the same time?" I suggested in frustration.

They both took a moment, before nodding in agreement. Josh walked over to Kira, kneeling beside the girl carefully while Malia prepared to take hold of Corey.

"You ready?" My sister asked the boy.

When he nodded, they both focussed on the person in front of them, moving to lay their hands on them. I wished I could help, but I couldn't take pain as Malia could, and I was unable to consume electricity like Josh.

Sounds of pain echoed around the room as all four supernatural creatures groaned. I went to the door, peering out the window in hopes to see Scott suddenly standing there waiting to come in.

I waited, holding my breath as I prayed that this worked. After a couple more minutes, Malia and Josh let go of Kira and Corey. Kira was awake now, allowing Malia to help her to her feet and Corey was no longer groaning in pain, finally beginning to heal his burns.

"Anybody know how we're supposed to get out of here?" Corey asked as Josh helped him climb down off of the table.

"This place is still on lockdown," Malia reminded them.