60|memories

Let me know what you're thinking x

Also, I've put up the prologue of a Love and Monsters fic which I'll start on after this story is finished x
——————————

Also, I've put up the prologue of a Love and Monsters fic which I'll start on after this story is finished x——————————

Sleep seemed easier in theory. I hadn't gone home that night, instead, returning to Isaac's room after my short talk with Scott.

He had waited, just like he said he would. As soon as I stepped back into the room, he had had questions. All of which I answered - I didn't want to lie to him.

He agreed with Scott that even though it sounded weird, if Deaton suggested sleep, then that was most likely the best course of action.

Laying there in Isaac's arms sleep should have come easily - it usually did. But alas, there I laid with my head on his chest wide awake.

Isaac's fingers ran absentmindedly through my hair as he tried to help me sleep. It usually worked, but tonight there was just too much on my mind.

"You're never going to get to sleep if you don't relax," Isaac whispered, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

I shifted in the bed, moving closer to him. "I'm trying."
When he hugged me closer, I felt a smirk reach my lips, "Maybe you should sing to me?"

A rumble of laughter moved its way up Isaac's chest as the boy shook his head. "I love you, but I'm not singing to you."

"Wow, really feeling the love," I chuckled, mocking his fake sentiment from earlier.

Suddenly, a notification from my phone was making the room glow softly. Isaac sighed as I left his arms and grabbed my phone. Unlocking it, I saw Malia had sent a message to our group chat with Lydia, asking us to meet her at the school and that it was urgent.

"I've gotta go, Malia needs me," I told Isaac, kissing him gently before getting out of his bed.

He moved onto his elbows as he watched me get changed, "Do you need help?"

As I pulled on my shoes, I shook my head, "Lydia is going to be there too, so we should be fine. I'll call you if something changes."

"Alright."

I left the house quietly after that so that I didn't wake Scott or Melissa if she was here. Getting in my car, I began to drive to the school. I was curious as to what was so urgent at almost midnight that required us to be at the school.

Was Malia experiencing the same thing that Scott and I had been? Maybe she slept and remembered something and that was why she was at school.

Part of me really hoped so, because if Malia remembered, maybe I wouldn't be forced to.

When I got to the school, I saw that Lydia was already there waiting for me. I went over to her and we walked into the school together, heading to the basement where Malia apparently was.