77|pull it together

This episode was so stressful

——————————

"We are so screwed

"We are so screwed. We have, like, less than half an hour before they come in here and kill us all if we don't give them those two," Malia said, clearly still on edge.

I went to stand beside her, hoping to be a somewhat calming presence. I was super nervous, but I was holding myself together in hopes of helping my sister feel less anxious.
"Scott will find a way out of this. He always does. And we're all going to be okay, they're not going to kill anyone."

"You can't guarantee that, Riley."

I went to reply, but the words fell flat on my tongue. She was right, I couldn't. With all our combined abilities, claws and weapons, I couldn't promise that we were all going to make it out alive, and that made me feel weak.

We all sat quietly, waiting to be told what to do next. I was about to go in search when I saw Scott storming across the station.

"Wait here," I told my sister and the rest of the Pack before following my best friend into the Sheriff's office.
"Scott, are you okay?"

"No," he said, shaking his head as he turned to face the Sheriff and me. "They searched the hunters out to kill them. They're murderers."

The Sheriff was quick to close the door and shut the blinds at Scott's words. "It doesn't change anything."

"Well, it does for me. They killed innocent people," Scott said, emphasising with his hands. 

"It doesn't matter, Scott," the Sheriff repeated. "Because if you find yourself fighting a war, you're gonna have to kill people. And there's no such thing as guilty or innocent."

My friend looked to me with unsure eyes, to which I nodded. "He's right, Scott. I know you don't want to hear it, but he's right."

"There's only the other side," the Sheriff finished.

"Sometimes wars take prisoners," Scott pointed out.

Scott wanted to put Tierney and Jiang under arrest by our side. While I understood where he was coming from, the Sheriff was right. We couldn't afford to draw the line in who chose to fight with us in a war.

"And others take none," Sheriff Stilinski pointed out.

I reached out and put a hand on his arm, "For the time being, they're on our side, and that what matters here. We're at war, Scott."

Before Scott had the chance to reply to either of us, the sound of breaking glass and screams coming from the next room over. The three of us shared a look before rushing out of the office.

Rushing over, we saw Malia pulling an arrow out of the wall. Glancing across, I saw the panel of glass that the arrow had broken through on its way in.