75|exit wound

This season is definitely gonna be shorter. I feel like since there were so many separate character storylines, obviously Riley can't be a part of all of them so there's less to write on.

——————————

I wasn't sure whether the pained noise escaped me before or after I hit the ground

I wasn't sure whether the pained noise escaped me before or after I hit the ground. Either way, all I knew was that it hurt like an absolute bitch. My eyes widened as I rolled onto my side, reaching my hand down. Touching my stomach, I pulled my fingers back to see them covered in blood.

"Awesome. Just awesome," I muttered as bullets continued to ricochet around the tunnels, Monroe shouting at the hunters to stop shooting. I knew that it wasn't because I had been shot, she couldn't have cared less. No, she was getting them to stop because they were shooting without actually thinking. They were shooting out of fear.

None of them listened though, continuing to shoot at us in hopes of hitting another. Whatever this thing was had them terrified, and they were going to do their best to kill us to stop that fear.

"Riley!" I heard Scott shout through the gunfire.

Malia looked down at me, realising that I was hurt. A growl ripped from her lips as she went to attack the thing that was scaring everyone. From where I was looking I could see it only just. It was a body with no face or features and looked like it was covered in blood, or maybe had just been skinned.

It almost made me feel like my blood had chilled in my veins. The sensation was just like what I had experienced in my room earlier. This thing, the fear that it made everyone feel, was spreading and leeching, latching onto everyone in town.

Malia jumped at the thing, but just as she went to sink her claws into it, it seemingly disappeared. Were we imagining it? Or was this something worse than we had ever faced before?

Scott came to my side and lifted me to my feet. My whole body screamed as I cried out, blinking through tears as he picked me up. I had been shot before, back when Matt was holding us hostage in the Station. But this was so different to that time. The pain was burning through my whole body, spreading like a virus, not just affecting the spot that had been hit by the bullet.

The True Alpha carried me away from the hunters and to the side of the tunnel. Realising how much pain I was in, he rested me back on the ground and stood in front of me so that I wouldn't get hit again.

"Scott, you need to get out of here," I gasped through laboured breaths. I appreciated the gesture of shielding me but if they had bullets that could hurt me like this, then they no doubt had something to injure a werewolf.

Malia and Lydia retreated to stand beside Scott as they realised the hunters weren't exactly letting up. I held my hand pressed against my side harshly to try and stop the blood, willing myself to heal before I ended up bleeding out in a damned sewer. This definitely wasn't a regular bullet.