33|he's dead

Poor Stiles had it so rough this season

——————————

Before Stiles said anything else, we went inside

Before Stiles said anything else, we went inside. Heading straight to his room, I shut the door behind us as he sat down on his bed. His face fell to his hands, the heels of his palms pressing against his eyes. The look of hopelessness in him crushed me.

Approaching him slowly, I sat next to him on his bed. "Stiles, what do you mean you killed Donovan?" I asked carefully, not wanting him to change his mind about speaking to me.

Stiles sniffled as he sat up straighter, fiddling with his fingers so that he didn't have to make eye contact with me. "I, uh, I went to go home after the library, but the jeep had broken down. I was trying to fix it when he just attacked me. His hand. . . it wasn't normal. It had teeth."

I noticed one of his hands trailing up to the shoulder that he mentioned injuring. Reaching up, I grabbed the collar of his shirt gingerly, checking that it was okay.

He hesitated for a moment, before shrugging his jacket off to make his shoulder more accessible for me. Carefully pulling the material down, I finally got to see what had been causing him so much pain.

On the back of his shoulder was an oddly shaped wound. In the middle was a rough circle, surrounded by smaller torn bits of skin pointing inwards like bitemarks. I touched my free hand to the skin lightly, avoiding directly making contact with the wound. "Donovan did this? How?"

"He was a wendigo, but. . . not," Stiles said quietly. "The teeth. . . He put his hand on my shoulder and suddenly, it was like the worst pain I've ever felt."

"How did you get away?"

He took a deep breath as I removed my hand, letting his shirt move back into place. "I hit him with- with a wrench. He- he let go and I ran. I got into the school library and was just hiding from him, and. . ."

Noticing his pause, I squeezed his hand. "Stiles, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. I'm with you either way."

Nodding nervously, Stiles continued. "He threatened my dad. He said he was going to kill him, Ri. He chased me and I climbed up some scaffolding thinking I could lose him. But, he grabbed my ankle. So, I reached up and grabbed the pin holding up some beams, thinking maybe they'd knock him to the ground. And they did, but one of them. . . it went right through him."

I took a moment to think, my breath catching at his words. "And you're sure that he's. . . you know. . ."

Stiles bobbed his head a few times, reaching his fingers to his mouth as he bit his nails. His eyes were flickering in thought, probably reliving what had happened.

Realising that this was happening right now, and had to be dealt with, I steeled my nerves enough for the both of us. "The body; did you get rid of it?"