70|i just need you

Wow, that chapter was so long. Sorry, but there were so many moments between Stiles and Riley that I loved, and I just had to include them.

——————————

"Stiles!" I yelled, calling to him

"Stiles!" I yelled, calling to him. I could see him, he was actually there. "Keep going! Stiles, please!"

The silhouette seemed to be growing closer, and I found myself smiling wider than I had in a long time.

"Stiles! Stiles!"

But then, the light at the end of the tunnel dulled, until it went out completely. And when the light was gone, so was the silhouette.

My breath hitched in my throat as I turned to my friends. "You saw him? You saw him, right?"

Isaac put a hand on my shoulder, "Ri, we didn't see anyone."

"No," I said shaking my head. "No, I'm not crazy. He was there, I know it. I saw him!"

"Riley," Scott said gently.

"He was there," I told him just above a whisper. "He was there."

Isaac and Scott lead me back to the bunker, sharing pitiful glances that they thought I wasn't noticing. They sat me down in a seat, just as Liam showed up.

"Liam?" Scott gasped, surprised to see that the boy was still here and hadn't been taken.

"There's something that you need to see," he told the Alpha.

"You're still here."

"But everyone else is gone. All of them. They're all gone."

Iris. She had been taken by the Hunt.
I only hoped that that meant she was with Charlotte.

"Look, you have to come with me," Liam said.

Scott looked from us, then back to his Beta. "What is it?"

He shook his head, stuttering, "I can't explain it. I have to show you."

"Uh, all right. Isaac, with us. You guys stay here."

"For if Stiles comes back?" Lydia asked.

"If there's any hope, if Riley did really see him, then you need to keep trying."

The three boys leave, but I ran out the door after them. "Isaac!"

He turned back to face me, looking confused. "Hey, we've got to go, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said quickly. "I just- I wanted to thank you for what you didn't back there."

Isaac smiled softly, "I made you a promise."

"I know," I nodded. "But the chamber, that can't have been easy."

He shrugged, "It'll be worth it when we bring him home safe."