66. The Tale of Casus

The figure by the pillar, it most definitely looked like Casus. He looked just a little younger than he does now. If she had to guess, he was in his late teens, or maybe even early twenties? If they even had that stage... but it was him regardless.

"Oh, wow! This is beautiful!" A child's voice calls out, and a child runs around for a bit, before perching themselves next to a flower.

"Don't stray too far.." This Casus told her.

"You are quite the protective one, aren't you?" The dark haired woman laughed to herself.

Casus turned his head away from her. "It's the proper thing to do as an older brother..."

"Oh, I'm not saying that it's a bad thing... It's just rather cute...."

"I... You're a menace..." He mumbled as he turned his back to her. She eyed up his back, with sad eyes, and placed a hand there, causing him to flinch at the feeling. "Y'know, technically speaking, you are talking to the enemy...." He turned back round to face her.

"I'm a rebel...."

"Ah! What's this weird flower?" The small girl exclaimed, as both of them looked in her direction. Lucette managed to get a better look at the girl. She has long brown hair and turquoise eyes. Was this who she thought it was? If she was right, then that meant Casus was her brother then.

"Oh, my dear..." The older female walked over and knelt down beside her. Extending a finger, she lightly nudged the 'flower' and brought it to the girls face. "It's a butterfly, they're colourful creatures who like flowers..."

The girl observed the butterfly, with wide eyes. "Can I touch?"

"Sadly not. They are a 'look and don't touch' kind of thing. They are delicate."

"Just ask for your own army of bugs later..." Casus came up beside them, and looked down at them.

"Wait, I can?"

"Just ask Auntie Nirvana...." Casus smiled down at them.

Wait, was that the first time she heard her name? Nirvana..

"My dear, you won't need your own army for you are the army..." The dark haired woman, now identified as Nirvana, said with a smile. The little girl tilted her head in confusion, and Nirvana placed a hand on the girls head. "Because you're special, that's why."

"Aww, I love you!" The girl moved in for a hug, and Nirvana hugged back.

"I love you too..." Nirvana locked eyes with Casus. "Which reminds me, you could regard my sons as friends."

Casus scrunched up his face, in annoyance. "You mean the pompous idiot, and Mc No Smiles? I'll pass. Besides, it's not best to make pleasantries anyway, considering... Things...."

"Heh, considering the fact that you gave them nicknames, it means you like them more than you give off..." Nirvana smiled warmly at him.

"Oh? Big bro likes someone?" The girl broke off the hug, and looked up at him.

Nirvana chuckles to herself. "Yes, and he's too ashamed to admit it..."

Casus waved his hand, like he was dismissing that claim, and turned to walk off.

"Aww, we made him mad..." The girl pouted.

"Not particularly..." Nirvana rubbed the girls head. "He's just confused about what and who he should be..."

Lucette decided to follow Casus. She caught him leaning on the wall, away from them, but in an angle where he could still watch. He was a little ways away from the Gazebo itself, but you could still see it well enough. Was he always this protective? And if that small girl was, in fact, the Solaire she met, then that woman clearly no longer needs protecting.