35. Movie Night

As Lucette took the remote off of Ichthys, she faced both of them. Ichthys didn't really move, he just stayed in the same position, while Corvus was just staring at her, in his bird form. Feeling slightly embarrassed, she cleared her throat.

"Well... Thank you, you two, for doing this with me..."

She turned around and checked her shelf. Thanks to her parents, she had a wide range of films on display. Eliminating all the ones that are part of a set, she grabbed a few and turned back to face the boys.

"What one do you wanna start with?" She asked both of them.

"Since there are three of us, why don't we each choose one? I mean... watching three would be fine, right?"

Lucette looked in Ichthys' direction as he said that, and he actually had a point. Although, who would go first?

"If that is the case, who is going first?" Corvus asked as he moved a little closer to look at the names on the films.

"Well......" Lucette was stumped, how would they decide?

Corvus sighed as he flew over to the table in front of her, that had the snacks laid out on it. "Then it's simple... Go by the oldest, and work your way down..."

Lucette looked at him. That was a good decision, but that meant her going last...

"You just wanted to go first.." Ichthys said, sighing as he moved to sit up. "Haven't you heard of 'ladies first'?"

"Then that means that you are going first."

"Oh, that's a good one."

"Ok... Ok... We go with the oldest, I've decided..." Lucette interrupted them, before they really started arguing again. "I mean 'ladies first' is a good idea, but that won't decide who goes second.... So.." She turned her attention to the bird. "I take it that you're the oldest?"

"Precisely."

"Ok..." She showed the films to him, and he scanned them over.

"That one."

Lucette looked at the one he chose, she was surprised he picked that. Although she sorta wished she didn't pick it up, as it always made her cry. Smiling at him as he flew back to the armchair, she placed the film inside the machine and moved back to the other sofa. She made sure she turned the light off, since she didn't want the boys to see her cry. Ichthys had already helped himself to the snacks.

True to her own word, she most definitely cried. First when the mouse got stepped on, even though she knew he came back to life, and at the ending itself... Dabbing her tears with her sleeve, whilst the credits were rolling, she made sure she was ok before turning the light back on.

"Well.. That was a ride. Why did they execute that guy? Even though he did nothing wrong?" Ichthys asked as she started to move. He looked like he was really into the film, as throughout she noticed he kept moving a lot. Although, originally, she put it down to the fact that he's incredibly fidgety.

"Ah.. Hahaha... It actually happens a lot. People get judged wrongly and, in places with a death sentence, even the most innocent man can be put to death..." She told him as she ejected the disk.

"The whole thing is kind of like an underlying symbolism to the Christanity faith..." Corvus announces. "The ultimate moral is that if that one sends his 'son' down again, things would hardly be that different from all those years ago. Humans are still the same creatures, they judge with their eyes and accuse even the innocent."

Lucette raised her eyebrow. "Didn't know you knew about Christanity."

"Oh, we know about all religions, even ones that are not from this world."