121. Fae Folk

Shortly after Nocte left the room, a small knock was heard. Instead of waiting for them to come in, Lucette walked over to the door and opened it. On the other side of the door, she saw that there was the elegant Fairy Queen, Lady Titania.

"I'm sorry to disturb you." The woman's eyes wandered behind her. "Ah, I'm glad it worked!"

"Yes, I appreciate you saving him. I'm just..." Lucette looked over her shoulder and saw what is now Reos staring back at her, as he was still sitting on the bed. "Slightly sad he's now like that...."

"We take our victories how we can. But Nocte has informed me of what will be happening, and I'm here to personally escort you to your new room."

"My new room? You mean that this isn't it?"

"Oh, no. I can't have my guests staying in this place. Please, come with me." Titania gestured, with her hand, for Lucette to follow her.

As she turned back around, Lucette gestured towards Reos to come to her, and he obliged by hopping off of the bed and coming up to her heel. Lucette didn't notice it before, but she could tell that he was much smaller than he used to be. Reos was still much larger than the largest dog breed, but he was definitely smaller than he was. Reos' head pretty much came up to her chestline. But she wondered if it was because she had grown since she had last seen him in this form or was he generally just smaller? Pushing that thought to the back of her mind, she followed Titania, and Reos followed.

Unlike the other castle, it really did look like something out of a fairytale. It really looked like a princess lived here. Each of the pillars were coloured an elegant silver and gold, and brightly coloured flowers were littered everywhere. Sparkles bounced about and she guessed that it was other fairies who were flying around. With no idea how long they walked, because Lucette was too enamoured by everything, she didn't realise that Titania had stopped, so she bumped into her.

"Oh. I'm sorry." She apologised, deeply bowing before her.

"You're alright my dear, I could tell you were taking in the sights. But here, this is the room you can use." As Titania turned on the doorknob, she then swung the door open.

Inside the room, Lucette saw that it still pretty much looked like it was taken directly out of some fairytale book. You name it, it was here. On the far side of the room, there was a massive canopy bed, with pink drapes and flowers running up the poles. What looked like small lights littered the ceiling and the walls, giving the whole room a soft comfortable glow. Lucette hadn't even stepped inside the room, but she could tell that the carpet was extremely soft.

"Technically this room would be for my daughter, but I'm sure she won't mind...."

"Technically?" Lucette queried that.

"She isn't born yet...." Titania gave her a smile in return. "But, as I say, this room is for you to use. You can also explore the castle, but do not leave the boundaries of the walls, do you hear me?"

"Yes."

"Good. Jeeves will be around in a few hours to see if you need anything. But, if you need him before his visit, just...." Titania moved into the room, and pointed to a small bell. "Ring that and he will be here in a jiffy."

"Oh, thank you. I appreciate all of this, I really do." Lucette bowed her head again.

"Please...."

Lucette felt long, gentle, slender fingers start to lift her face up, and she couldn't look anywhere else apart from the woman's striking blue eyes.

"It's my dearest pleasure." Titania gave her another smile, and she let go of her face and walked past her. "Look after her well, would you?" She addressed the last sentence to Reos, who was watching everything and, as a response, he nodded back. With that, Titania walked back down the hallway they walked down previously.