54. Back to School

As Lucette continued to lay in her bed, she knew that she didn't expect that. Staring back at her, with a smiling face, laying with his head on the pillow, was Ichthys.

"Erm, Ikky? What are you...?" She started to question him.

"Huh?" He moved his hand. "Oh, I suppose it ended..."

"Errr... What ended? And where is the cat that was there?"

She hoistered herself to see if the cat just left the bed and was sleeping somewhere else.

"Actually..... That cat was me...."

"What?" She looked back at him as he rolled onto his back.

"I'm surprised that it actually worked..."

"Hang on, hang on... You're telling me that you were that cat all along?" As she questioned him, she swore that she saw that cat before, but she couldn't figure where. So this actually answered her question. It was because of the cat's colouring, which was the same colour as Ichthys' hair.

"Yeah, neat huh?"

Lucette face palmed.

"How... Why.... How?"

Ichthys rolled over, so he was on his side again, and leaned on his arm.

"Covonia aided me. As you know, he can change into any animal that he wants to be, so he helped me. To be honest, I didn't think it would work, but it did. But I'm just sorta... Stuck as that animal for a few hours...." He casually explained.

"So, Corvus turned you into a cat?"

"Well, originally he wanted to turn me into something small and yappy, and said that it suited me. But that sure backfired on him."

"Riiiiight.... So, is that now a common thing?"

"Well, I was thinking when you want to hide your 'dirty little secret', I can just use the cat form. Besides, Flamingo thinks that you own a cat now."

"Well... That is true.... But wait, 'dirty little secret', what?"

"A phrase I picked up, I think it works?"

In a way it sorta did, but he didn't have to actually spell it out like that.

"Well, I suppose I don't mind it. Do you need your brother to turn into it?"

"Actually, nope. At least, not anymore. Hmmm.... I suppose I never actually said this...." He moved so he sat crossed legged on the bed. "I sorta have a unique ability, where I can either nullify or copy someone's abilities.... Obviously, it doesn't work on everyone, but I was able to copy his transformation skill. So, after he turned me into that cat, I just sorta 'copied' it. So, really, I can revert into that cat anytime I want.... Although I'm not so sure about turning back... I need to perhaps work on that...."

"Sounds kind of neat..."

"And, before you actually ask, I can't take or nullify yours. I actually have tried."

"Oh?"

She did sort of think about actually asking him that, after he said it. But, I suppose, he had answered her question way before she had the chance to ask it.

"So, you are fine with it?"

"I don't see why not. So, are you the cause behind why I kept feeling like someone was watching me all day yesterday?"

"Ah, guilty as charged..." He answered her, sheepishly.

"I suppose it would come in handy, rather than just kicking you out.." Lucette turned around and noticed there was no bird in the bed. "Erm, where is he?"