104. Titan

A/N - This chapter was hard to write for some reason.

When Lucette looked out of her window, she saw utter chaos. As she looked down at the ground, beneath her window, she could see that a lot of those animals were running around. When she looked further up, she could barely see anything beyond at least a few metres, as thick fog had obscured her view. What was even going on? Were they under attack? As she contemplated what on Earth was going on, something caught her attention in the corner of her eye. Something was fast approaching, and heading right at the window.

"Get down!"

Before she could even react to anything, someone had pushed her down. Lucette tried to get her bearings again, as the sound of glass breaking echoed around the room.

"Ikky?" As she finally got her bearings, she saw that Ichthys had forcibly pushed her down, away from the window. But, as she looked past his head, she saw that there was something black in the room. "Ikky, what's that?"

Moving off of her slightly, he turned around and, as he moved, she got a better look at what exactly was in the room with them. A pure black creature was staring right at them, and she saw that it barely had any form. Wait, had she seen these before?

"Get back!" Ichthys commanded her.

The creature flinched a little, then proceeded to charge right at them. But Ichthys was ready for it, and grabbed it by the neck before it got any closer. The creature squirmed and, with one swift movement, he snapped the neck of it, and it immediately went limp and turned to sand.

"I think I've seen those before...." Lucette commented as she positioned herself to get up.

"Yeah.... But why are they...."

But his sentence was cut off midway when another loud bang went off, and it felt like the entire castle shook. Panicking slightly, she tried to grab onto something.

"What is going on?"

"I don't know, but I get the feeling that we need to move!"

The castle stopped shaking, and Ichthys held out his hand for her to take. When Lucette did take it, he lifted her up.

"We need to stay together!"

"You don't have to tell me twice!"

He smiled a little as he pulled her along, by the arm, to the door. Opening the door, he looked round the side, but he immediately pulled back. As she looked past him, she saw that several black daggers went past.

"Dammit...."

"What do we do?"

As she asked that, more commotion sounded and then it stopped immediately.

"I think it's high time that we leave, don't you think?"

Wait, that voice. Letting go of Ichthys' hand, she looked around the corner and, just as she thought, she saw Casus, who was standing in the middle of a bunch of black sand piles.

"Casus, do you know what is going on?"

"Other than the fact that we are under attack? I'm not entirely sure."

"What do you mean by 'not entirely sure'?" Ichthys asked as he poked his head round the door.

"A hooded figure has been spotted on the grounds."

"You're kidding me...."

"I wish I was...." Casus walked over to them, and dusted some sand off of himself. "It explains why it's been peaceful for a bit... That thing was looking for a way in...."