135. Frozen

Six pairs of eyes witness a white and black dragon emerge from where the Divinus castle used to stand. Lucette braces herself as the entire ground still continues to shake. Then a flash of white light went off and she felt herself being thrown backwards. When she was finally able to stand again, she noticed that the ground wasn't shaking anymore. As she rubbed her head, she reckoned that whatever that white light was, it knocked her out. As she edged towards the window, she peeked out and couldn't help noticing that the beast had stopped, like it looked like it was frozen in place. Something seriously bad had happened, and she was concerned for the other two. As she turned around, she saw Eros flat on his stomach, with his face down, Sanctus, however, was missing. Lucette rushed towards Eros, and she shook him awake. Eventually, he groaned and lifted his head up, his purple eyes looking at her. As he stared at her, he looked extremely apologetic.

"Huh..."

Sanctus' voice rings out and, when Lucette looks in the direction of his voice, she spots Sanctus by the window, staring out of it.

"What's up?" She asked him, as Eros, who was just beside her, sat up.

"Is that a cat?" He questioned as he pointed.

"Huh?" Feeling curious, she stood up and went over to the window to see what he was talking about. True enough, she saw that there, standing just a short distance away, was a small brown cat. "Ikky?"

At the sound of their name, the cat looked at her, and then to her side, where Sanctus was. She watched the cat make a confused expression, but then he turned his attention to her, trotted over to the window, and jumped up.

"It's not safe here." He suddenly speaks. "We need to leave."

Lucette could definitely tell that was Ichthys voice. But he sounded off, really off. Like he was sad. As she looked up at the frozen beast, she might have an idea as to why. But there was one problem with his suggestion.

"We can't...." She informs him. "Casus did something."

"Oh.... I see."

Ichthys then went quiet, like he was thinking about something and, after a short while, his eyes lit up and he then jumped off the window, and trotted off a short distance away. "Stand back!" He shouted to her, and she did as he asked. Lucette couldn't see what was going on, but she heard something hit the window and, right before her eyes, she watched the entire part of that wall swirl into a circle and get sucked into a little black ball. It didn't take long for it to render the wall obsolete, so there was now just a massive hole and a floating black ball, which eventually disappeared.

"There we go!" Ichthys reappeared, but Lucette noticed that he was no longer a cat, he was his normal self.

"How did you do that?"

"Years of practice." Was his short reply back.

Lucette couldn't help tilting her head. She was still convinced that something about this was off. Especially the Ichthys right in front of her, he looked exactly the same as normal, but he currently looked a little bit rugged and tired. But, considering what just happened, it could explain his look. As she climbed through the hole, Eros followed behind, but Sanctus hung back a little.

"What's wrong?" She called him.

"Hmm? Oh... Nothing...." Clearing his throat, he followed along, but she did, in fact, notice that he side eyed Ichthys.

Ichthys walked ahead and, after he threw something that opened up a swirling portal, he beckoned them to follow him through it as he stepped through it himself. With the group following behind him, they walk out into what was the outskirts of a forest. A forest that she didn't recognise, but there were many places in this world that she didn't know about. As the portal closed behind them, the group walked a little further into the forest itself. They only walked a few steps in when something red came into view. It was rather striking because the forest was different shades of greens and browns, and the red just stood out. As they approached, the red figure turned around, and bowed its head.