92. Two Sides of the Same Coin

A/N - Mention of blood

Taking Corvus' advice, Lucette headed out to find out where Ichthys went. According to Corvus, he was down to the left and she didn't have to walk far. As she got to the turning, she turned right and, funnily enough, there, not so far away, was a little brown cat. As she approached, the cat noticed her and darted under a nearby bush. Making her way over to the bush, she stopped in front of it and crouched down. Peeking inside, she saw that there, facing away from her, was Ichthys.

"Can you come out of there please?" She calls him, but he doesn't move. "What is wrong?"

"I... I don't rightly know...." He spoke, but he sounded rather flat. "It's just..." He carried on talking, but he was speaking in a low tone. "I always knew that he liked you... No... The better word to use here is 'loved'.... He loved you more than I did.... But then, at the same time, can you even tell who can love someone more?" He let out a heavy sigh, and his shoulders slumped.

"... I am taking a guess here about what you mean.... Everything that we did together and felt was fake?"

"No.. I'm not saying that...." He turned around to face her. Even as a cat, Lucette could tell that he was sad. "... At first I thought he 'moved' on.... But I was wrong, honestly I don't even know if me thinking he moved on was correct... Maybe it was my wishful thinking? I don't know.... But, when I found out about his true intentions, I decided to take a back seat.... Because..." He hung his head. "Because I wasn't number one...."

"Stop being silly...." She told him as she stretched her hand out to try and touch him, but he swatted her hand away and took a step back.

"No...." He turned away from her again.

"Why are you acting like this?"

".... I'm confused...."

As Lucette brought her hand back, she noticed the bracelet that was still on her wrist, and the small pink diamond that Ichthys himself placed there.

"What about this bracelet, and what you placed in it? I'm vaguely aware of what it means, and I'm sure you do too.... But, more importantly...." Lucette took a deep breath. "What about the thing YOU suggested back in Celedain?"

At that comment, he flinched slightly.

"... It's painfully known to me that I do, in fact, love Corvus, the time he went missing...." She hung her head. "Made that obvious.... But...." She picked up her head and stared at the back of Ichthys' furry head. "I can't really imagine living without either one of you. In a way, you are like family but, at the same time, you're much more than that. For some reason, I also love you.... This is what I wanted to tell you before, but you stopped me.... So, you daft cat.... I love you."

"... That would be impossible...." Ichthys mumbled.

"Why would it be?"

"Because HE doesn't share!"

"Don't I now?"

A fluttering sound rang around her, and a small dark bird appeared by her side and walked under the bush.

"... We LITERALLY share everything! Blood, mind AND body! So what is the difference at the end of the day? We are two sides of the same coin."

"What?" Ichthys is surprised and turns around to look down at the bird, who had his wings folded.

"I'm pretty sure that I once remember saying to you that I don't mind sharing if it's with you, weirdly enough... However, that's probably because we share everything, so it's normal? Who knows?" He unfolds his wings, and strides over to the cat and smacks him with a wing. "So stop being a moron, and do something!"