27. Bird and horse incident

Throughout the rest of the week, everything went off without a hitch. Ichthys was ever so popular at school, but he never really interacted with people that much. He always seemed to slip out from under them. Unfortunately for Eros, Ichthys always managed to find them during lunch, without bringing a crowd. Lucette thought that he keeps teleporting about, which is how he keeps managing to avoid people, and comes to them each and every time. Mai gladly accepted him with open arms each time. However, on Friday, she dragged Lucette to the side after both Ichthys and Eros were locked in another odd argument again.

"I know this seems really weird to say... But..." Mai took a brief glance at the two boys. They were still locked in an argument battle, and looked back at her friend. "There's something 'off' with that friend of the family one... In my opinion..." She held up her arms in a defensive manner. "I have no idea what, but it's just this odd feeling... Y'know?"

Lucette looked over Mai's shoulder to look at Ichthys, was she close at knowing what they were? True, he was very.... Odd.... His mannerisms are also, to say the least, very odd. He, on various occasions, is an oblivious idiot. But on other occasions, he's incredibly smart. So smart, in fact, that he even rivals both Anna and Elanoir to be the top of the class. But there were other times where he was neither one of those, just something else... For the past week, Lucette couldn't think if she knew what one was the real one... She looked back at Mai. Would it be ok to tell her what he really was? If she did, she'd have to tell Eros too. She'd have to tell them that, and she'd also have to tell them about the other ones that she has met... plus the fact that she has two of them hanging about her house. However, she was going to totally not mention the other 'intriguing' moments that she's had with them. To be honest, the way both of them act, it's like they don't even remember it happening. It's kind of selfish of them, since it creeps back into Lucette's mind numerous times.

"I totally get you too..." It was the best reply she could give Mai. "He's also an idiot, but can be quite smart."

"Oh my god, I know right?" Mai clapped her hands together. "He gives Anna and Elanoir a run for their money. However, I did like seeing them squirm, so there's that bonus!" Mai started doing a fake evil laugh. "However...." She stopped laughing. "I have noticed that someone else is looking at you, y'know." Mai nudged Lucette's side. "He has a run for his money and all..."

"Excuse me?"

"Ohohohoho... Just some musings of an old romantic..." She moved a finger to her lips and winked. "Although, if you tell me who has a higher ranking.. I won't tell a soul."

"I have no idea what you are going on about...."

"Ah...." Mai folded her arms and pouted "You're no fun to tease, because you have no idea that it is happening.. Although..." Her line of sight went in the direction of where the two boys still were. "The other one is just boundless teasement.."

"Sometimes, Mai, you make no sense..." Lucette patted the redhead on the shoulder, and walked back to them.

"Honestly, you don't make sense either..." Mai starts to walk after her, but stops and turns around. Sitting on the nearby lamppost, was a small black bird. "Urghhh... Reminds me of the rodent who bit me..."

"Who are YOU calling a rodent?"

Mai's eyes widened.

"Did.. Did you just talk?"

The bird didn't reply, it just took off. Mai watched it go, with her mouth slightly ajar.

"What did mother put in her sandwiches today?" She turned back around and shrugged. "Oh well... Hey guys!!" She waved in their direction, and ran up to them.