22. The Derelict House

A/N - Mention of death and blood, you have been warned!

A dark, cloaked figure strolled up to large, wooden, white double doors. It stood about fifteen metres in height, and at least ten metres in width. With a wave of their hand, the doors gradually opened, revealing a path way surrounded by immense beauty. Vegetation of all kinds was seen on both sides of the path. The figure stepped forward, past the doors, and when they were through, the doors closed in on themselves. The figure continued to walk, before the path split in various directions. Stopping for a split second, they continued to walk on the left path. They didn't walk for long till they saw a tall, white building surrounded by trees. Standing, at the base of the building's stairs, was a white horse. The horse perked its ears up when the figure approached, and the horse pranced over to where the figure was coming from.

"Hey!" The horse stopped right in front of the hooded figure. "I've been waiting for aggggges!"

"Gathering by how fresh your marks are in the ground, I'd say that you've only been here for five minutes..." The hooded figure stated.

The horse was surprised for a moment, before he sighed.

"Well, five minutes is still a long time!"

The hooded figure barely took notice at the horse's comment and continued walking towards the building, with the horse walking beside him.

"But, I don't get why we are here." The horse stops and looks up. On closer inspection, the building looked run down and, in truth, looked like no one had entered for a while. "Seriously though, why are we here?"

"I am curious about something..." The hooded figure stood at the door and removed their hood, revealing a stony faced man who was sporting long, dark hair that rested on their right shoulder, and striking green eyes that, again, showed no emotions.

"So, it involves this place... Right... Ok... I still don't get it, but ok.."

The man looked at the horse briefly, before turning around to walk through the door. The door wasn't locked, so he was easily able to slip inside. Inside the building, it looked extremely run down, with pieces of furniture thrown all over the place. There were scratches on the walls and floors, with dark patches indicating that something went on here.

"I'm surprised dad didn't remove this building..." The horse announced, as he pushed the door with his head, so he could fit through. "Or, at least, you know... Freshen it up..."

"I thought that... But it doesn't matter anymore..."

The man walked on ahead, and headed straight for a room that had no door, and stopped. He observed the room, it was similar to the room he just came from.

"Hey... What are you looking for?"

The man turned around, and the white horse was standing in the doorway with a disgruntled expression.

"Something doesn't add up, Finis... What's different about this room?"

"Ehh?"

"Someone has been here..."

The horse, revealed to be called Finis, tilted his head.

"Well, at some point yes... it was 'their' house.."

"No... I mean recently..."

"Erm... What?"

The man turned his back on the horse and scanned the room. Something was indeed wrong with this entire scene. A noise peaks his interest and he turns. However, he just sees the white horse trotting about the place, and his butt knocks something off a table.