122. The White Cat

The fairy, who called himself Oberon, had told Lucette that there was someone waiting for her. Lucette was unsure as to who it would be, but she thought that surely it wouldn't be anyone bad, right? But the regal man led her back into the castle and they went down a hallway. As they come to a stop in front of some double doors, he turns to face her.

"Well, they are waiting for you here."

"Oh...."

Well, that was kind of ominous. But the man clapped her on the shoulder and then walked off. As she shrugged her shoulders, she seriously doubted that he would have led her somewhere that felt off, especially in this place. Eros had followed her not 'saying' much, but he was watching the door as well. Deciding that it was best to open up the doors anyway, she instantly saw two people standing in the middle of the room. They didn't acknowledge her as she walked in but, as the doors closed behind her, one of them turned to face her. She saw scruffy brown hair and turquoise eyes. Wait, wasn't that....? She then saw that the figure next to them turned around too, and she saw that this one was much more sour faced than the other one. Finally figuring out who it was, Lucette couldn't help but run at them. As she charged right at them, she aimed for the one who was front facing. As she landed right into their chest, causing them to stumble backwards a little, and grabbed the one next to them, she forced them both into a hug.

"Man... Maybe we should go away more often?"

"What is with the choking?"

"Ah haaah...."

Finally letting them both go, she straightened herself up a little.

"Ichthys? Corvus? What exactly are you two doing here?"

Corvus made his usual grumbled expression and looked around.

"No clue, but where exactly are we and who exactly are these people?"

"We are Fairies, my dear sweet little mini Prince...." A regal woman's voice calls out, and Lucette knew that it was Titania, as she appeared out of nowhere in the room, just a short distance from them. "And, to answer your other question? Well, you are obviously in our home, our kingdom."

"Huh.... Fairies exist then? Who knew?" Corvus said rather sarcastically. "You wouldn't be the first one to say that today."

"You will be surprised."

"I've seen fairies in some of those mortal movies, you sure don't look like one." Ichthys pointed out. "I mean you don't actually have wings, but the little guys outside did."

Titania gave them a little smile and, raising a hand, she clicked her fingers. As she did so, a pair of beautiful white and blue glittering wings appeared behind her. They looked so mesmerizing that you could barely take your eyes off them.

"Just as there is a 'pecking' order in your domain, there is a pecking order here. The high ranking fairies are the same size as you, and we can hide our wings. Naturally, we can also change our size if need be, but I personally don't see the point."

Titania clicked her fingers again and the wings instantly vanished.

"They were really beautiful...." Ichthys told her with half of his jaw on the floor.

"Why thank you, my dear sweet Prince."

"Ok! Enough pleasantries!" Corvus grumpily interrupted.

"Ever the impatient one...." Titania scoffed. "But it doesn't matter. It might be a different location, but our dear Lady Lucette can, in fact, return to what her life originally was. Everything like it was back in your own domain."