59. A Kitten's Feelings

A figure appeared out of shadows, and made a beeline to a set of doors. Slowly pushing them open, it revealed a staircase that went downwards. The figure proceeded to walk down the stairs. They walked for a while, until they finally reached the bottom. It opened up to a large empty room. In the middle of the room was a massive stone door, it wasn't surrounded by any walls. It just stood there.

"May I help you?" A voice called out, and the figure turned around. Standing behind him was a pure white horse. The only colour on him were the green eyes. "Ah..." As the horse took the figure in, he smiled. "Victus."

The figure, revealed to be Victus, stared at the horse. "Is it possible to speak to him?"

"He is a rather busy man..."

"Well, I would like to 'request' a visit..." Victus told the horse, in a more demanding tone.

"Tch... Well, if he is busy, I can't allow that...."

"It is quite alright, Veto." A deep voice rings out and, as both the horse and Victus look in the direction of the voice, they see a figure materialising in a puff of red and black smoke. Standing there was a man in a dark suit, the aura he was giving off wasn't friendly. "I'm sure my nephew has something important to ask me..." He smiled at them, maliciously.

"That, I do..." Victus replied back, without even blinking an eye.

"Very well..." The man turned to walk off. "This way."

"However, one question...." Victus called up, causing the man to stop and turn his head. "This door, are there no problems with it?"

"No..." Was all the man said, as he turned his head back around and walked off.

As Victus started to follow the man, the stone door shook slightly and a small grumbling sound was heard coming from it's depths.

The man led him to a room and went inside, Victus still followed. He led him to a room that closely resembled a human office. Victus watched as the man moved over towards the desk and took a seat in a large black and red chair.

"So, what did you want?"

Victus moved and took a seat in front of the desk.

"I have several questions. Firstly, have you, by any chance, been down on world eighteen at all, recently?"

"I can't say that I have..."

"I see... Secondly, are you aware of the shadow creatures making their move again?"

"I have, but their numbers are small and I have no concern for them."

"I see.... Thirdly, have you ever been aware of what happened that night with Roselia's family?"

At that question, the man leant back on the chair.

"Ah, yes... The greatest mystery of our entire history... I am led to believe that her ever so darling daughter has been found...."

"How are you aware of that?"

"Oh, news travels fast round here, especially when a certain young man brings that said girl 'back home'..."

"What do you mean?"

The man shrugged. "It's not my place to state."

Victus narrowed his eyes. "However, you didn't answer my question before."

"Ah, yes, of course... But my answer is 'no'. I have already been quizzed with this before, and my answer is still very much the same."

"I see..." Victus rose, but the man stayed seated. "Then I shall take my leave."