18. Every part of me

Lucette slowly opened her eyes, and was looking up at a familiar ceiling, which she realised was her own. Turning her head, she saw that her phone was right next to her. That was odd, her phone was never there. She moved so she could pick it up, and checked the time.

"I suppose I should get up..."

Hoisting herself up, she had the nagging feeling that something was missing, but scanning her room it was the same as ever. Rubbing her eyes, she just regarded it as morning nonsense. Dragging herself out of her bed, she went about her usual morning routines. She took a quick shower instead of a bath, but while she was in the shower, she had the strongest feeling that something wasn't right.

Already changed for school, she headed back to her room. Her phone, that she left on her bed, lit up. Checking it, she saw that she had two messages. Flicking her screen, she read them, the first one was from Mai.

Can't pick you up today, dad is dropping me off. He really insisted..... Dads aye? See you at school!

Lucette smiled at that, on various occasions Mai's dad, who was the captain of the local police, dropped her off at school. He was, in reality, a very kind and doting father. She gave a quick reply back saying that it's alright and said she'll speak to her later. Lucette checked the other message, this one it was from Eros.

Sorry! Got asked to go really early into school today. Didn't want to wake you up mega early. But by the time you read this I am probably already in school. But see you then.

Oh, right. Eros, on various occasions, worked with the teachers on projects. She and Mai always found it weird, but it was something to do with the teachers liking his ideas? Neither of them really asked him about it, really. Considering he said he was already at school, she sent a reply anyway.

"I guess I'm walking there alone..."

She moved to grab her bag and made her way downstairs. For some reason, her eyes flicked over to her sofa.

"Morning...?"

Why did she say morning? Who was she actually saying morning too? She really couldn't help but feel lonely. Slapping her cheeks, she continued to start going out the door. Whilst she was putting her boots on, she felt like she was being watched. She turned around and saw nothing.

"Odd...."

Shaking the feeling off, she got up and walked out the door. But even on the other side of the door, she felt like someone was behind her. Turning around, she saw no one, just her pathway and her front gate.

"Ok... Now it's getting ridiculous..."

Locking the door, she started to walk down the path, hugging herself because the feeling didn't go away.

Lucette stopped walking when she got to the main street that the school was on, but something was off. There was no one here, other students should be piling themselves in by now... She couldn't be too early. Rummaging in her bag, she pulled out her phone and checked the time, and indeed it was the right time. The sensation of her being watched came back and she looked up and standing a little ways away, was a man in a suit. He looked strangely familiar to her, but she couldn't recall where she has seen him before.

"Hey? Lucette right?"

Lucette jumped at the voice, and turned around, standing there was one of her classmates. A girl with short blonde hair. She was never really that up to date with everyone, but she knew of her. She sat, basically, right in front of Eros, and she always tried to get him to talk, but always failed.

"Hey, earth to Lucette?"

"Oh... Sorry, I was miles away..."

"I can see that." The girl laughed "Shall we walk in together?"