6. The Bird

Lucette ran to the back door of her house, even though she didn't have her house key, she was always able to get in through that way due to her spare key. Rummaging through the secret hole, she pulled out the spare key and placed it in the lock. When the door opened, she put the key back in its secret place, entered the house and then closed the door. Since no one had been home, it was dark, though she couldn't help but notice there was a light on in her living room. Was she getting burgled? Oh great. Missed school and got burgled......She thought about contacting the person she left outside but thought better of it. There was a high chance he would make friends with it. Since her back door led into the kitchen, she quietly took out a rolling pin to arm herself, and slowly made her way to the light source. Lucette peeked around the corner, to see into the living room, and saw that the lamp by the sofa was on. Edging slightly closer, she could make out a shadow laying on the sofa. Raising her rolling pin higher, she was about to whack the person over the head from behind the sofa, until she made out a very familiar form.

"Mai!" She shouted, dropping the pin.

Mai, who had been snoozing on the sofa, jumped out of her skin and fell off of it.

"WHAT. WHO. WHEN. WHY. WHAT HUUUH?" Mai lifted her head up from the floor and could see Lucette just above her, on the back end of the sofa. "LUCE!" She instantly jumped up and clambered over the sofa to hug her friend. "Where have you been?"

"It's a long story."

Mai pulled back a bit. "Y'know. When you didn't show up for class, I thought it was odd, then you were totally gone for the rest of the day." She slumped back onto the sofa and pouted. "It was stressful."

"Ah.. sorry to cause you worry." Lucette moved around to the front of the sofa and sat down.

"Oh, you didn't cause me much worry. In all honesty the ONE person I thought would've gone straight to the police, calmingly said to me in the.....Most calmest voice, in the history of calmest voices saaaaaaaid....."

Mai picked up one of the crow ornaments Lucette had on the coffee table and started acting out a scene like some Shakespeare play.

"Mai. She's fine, I can feel it. So don't worry. She will be home safe and sound as always." She put the ornament down and pouted. "Damn cheek of him."

"Eros said that?"

"Yes! Bloody moron, thought he would give me SOME back up but noooooooooo, he said that weird mumbo jumbo, mumbled about a migraine and buggered off somewhere. Ah just you wait." She raised her hand into a fist "I will get you for that."

"Eh heh, sorry for worrying you."

"Ehhhh. It's fine. He seemed very sure of it, so I took it anyway. But, hey, you're back now." Mai moved so she was facing her friend. "Where DID you go?"

"Well after you went off to see Mr Cartwright..."

"Don't remind me. Greasy slop."

"Anyway. I took the bags to the bins and well Ichthys said he had something to show me..."

Mai raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously?"

"What? Oh fine, I'll be nooooooormal."

"He took me to this lovely little area, and in all honesty it was beautiful, something I wouldn't really see."

"Oh aye?"

"Mai, please."

Mai just shrugged, while Lucette rolled her eyes and continued.

"Basically we lost track of time..." Lucette got reminded of a certain thing that happened in the meadow, and she shook her head. Dammit, why does that keep happening. True, it happened twice now, but twice is too many times! She felt something poke her cheek and realising Mai had moved, and was in process of poking her. "What?"