71. The Holy Man

Lucette left the storage room, and she met up with Eros and Mai again. While she was gone, they apparently worked out that they would just be mooching about everywhere. Which was a codename for 'they couldn't agree to a place'. Ichthys joined them shortly afterwards, and Mai kept giving Lucette side looks, like she knew something but decided that she didn't want to question it. Heading out, Ichthys kept to Eros' side like glue which, again, annoyed the latter to hell. It was a relaxing day for once, Mai continued to give Lucette some side looks, but everytime Lucette brought it up, she just said that she was curious about something, and she got her answer. Which made ZERO sense, but since when did Mai ever make sense?

As they stopped for food at some restaurant, Lucette excused herself to use the bathroom. As she headed in that direction, she wasn't looking where she was going, and bumped straight into someone.

"Oh my word, I'm so sorry!" She apologised to the person.

The person she had bumped into turned around, and she was shocked for a moment about how... Pretty he was. He had silvery, semi long hair that looked extremely soft, and his eyes were grey. For some reason, he looked familiar but she knew that she had never really met him before. But, somewhere deep down, she knew that he was familiar..... Somehow.

"No need to apologise." He smiled at her.

As she looked at him more, her eyes were drawn to a necklace round his neck. Or, most notably, the pendant. It was pure black. It was also oddly similar to the ones that Corvus and Nocte wore.... He couldn't be, could he? Weirdly enough, there was one way to find out, and it was to smell him. But, in truth, it would just be weird to smell a stranger.

"Did you somehow knock yourself silly after you bumped into me?"

"Eh?"

"You have sorta been staring."

"Oh... I'm so sorry, I didn't realise...."

"Hah, no worries. Well, I shall let you be on your way." He gave her one last smile, and walked straight past her.

As strange as it may seem, she took this chance to sniff him, but without him knowing. As he walked past, she took a whiff, and no smell of vanilla actually came. Instead, it smelt a bit like... Well, normal male cologne. As she watched him go, she couldn't help but think that it was such a strange encounter. Had she, perhaps, met him before and she forgot? Shaking her head, she carried onto the bathroom.

When she finally headed back to the group, they asked her what took her so long, and she gave a little lie, saying that she got lost. Luckily, none of them really questioned it. As she buried that stranger to the back of her mind, she continued to walk around with her group. They all decided to rest again. Mai found a spot to man gaze, and Eros wandered off, but Ichthys soon found him, and they started having some weird 'fight'. Lucette had to admit that Ichthys never really left Eros' side, they were weirdly glued together. Much to Eros' chagrin, but at least both of them, in some way, made a friend in each other. Lucette told Mai that she was going to walk around the park for a little while, to which her red-haired friend gave her the 'thumbs up' to, and she walked off heading towards the park.

It was getting well into Spring now, and the trees were pretty much blossoming now. It looked really beautiful. Spring had its beautiful moments. As she knelt down to observe some flowers growing, she saw that a bird was peering right at her in them.

"Oh, hey little guy." She cooed at the bird.

"Who are you calling 'little'?"

"What?"

The bird walked over to her more, and she saw a crow staring up at her and, given that it just talked to her, she knew who it was.

"Corvus?"