113. Room of Memories

After she took Casus' hand to transport them to wherever They were going, Lucette ended up finding herself somewhere completely foreign to her. As she let go of his hand, she looked around her, and saw that they were standing in a large white gazebo, surrounded by various different flowers. Some of the flowers she knew of, but there were some that were completely unknown to her. When she saw Casus walk off and down a small set of stairs, she followed him. As she followed along behind him, she saw a pure white door decorated with gold indents. Before she could have had a chance to ask him where they were, he opened it and gestured for her to follow. The door took them into a little corridor and, as they walked down the corridor, it started to open up into what looked like a giant greenhouse.

"Wow, being greeted by a greenhouse after walking through a corridor.... That's not something you see everyday...." Lucette said out loud and turned around to face the direction they just came in, and she saw that the corridor that they walked down was still there.

"Hah, you are correct." Casus told her and she turned to face him again. "But welcome...."

"Where are we?"

Casus smiled at her. "You don't recognise it?"

"No?" Feeling curious about that, she took another look around the greenhouse. After a few seconds, she realised that there was only one type of flower in here. As she took a step closer to them, she got a good look at them. It was in the shape of a rose but, instead of the classic colours, it was actually a very lovely violet colour. For some strange reason, that colour seemed really familiar, like she had seen it recently.

"This place belonged to your mother...." Casus commented as he walked over just beside her.

Feeling surprised, she looked right at him. "Really?"

In return, he nodded. That explained why the colour seemed like she recently saw it, it was because it was the same violet colour as her mothers hair.

"You've been here before actually...."

"I have?"

"Yep...." Casus straightened himself up and started to walk along rows of violet roses. "Maybe you don't remember it because I'm in those memories...."

"You're not the only one I don't one hundred percent remember yet!" She tried to reassure him.

"Oh, I know...." He stopped and turned to face her. "But, the matter of why I brought here is that I thought that you'd appreciate that something of hers is still around...." He reached out and touched the petals of a rose, plucked it from the bush and handed it to her. As Lucette took it from him, she looked it over, and noticed that there was a strong, sweet smell coming from the rose.

"It smells like her hugs...." She blurted out.

"Ah ha, I thought so...."

Confused by her own statement, she looked at him, and saw that he was giving her a small smile. "Do you remember what your mother governed over?"

"... No?"

"Wellbeing was one, but her major one was memories...."

"Memories...."

"This entire greenhouse...." Casus gestured to the entire place. "Is a memory bank of your mother's own memories...."

"What?"

"Your mother once told me that she could remove the memory of my past, which is how I came to find out about this place. For years and years, she transferred her important memories into memory shards, instead of her ever forgetting them. Those memory shards just happened to be these roses...."