86. Ars Amatoria

The following morning, Lucette wakes up but she senses that someone was in the bedroom. Getting her hopes up, she hoists herself up and looks around. However, it's not the one she was expecting to see, instead she ends up seeing Casus standing there. Seeing his face surprised her.

"Casus?"

"Hi there!" He waved back to her.

"Err, why are you here?"

"I kinda don't have an answer for that...." He shifted awkwardly.

"Uh huh... How have you been anyway? I haven't seen you in ages!"

"I've been around, but..." She saw him eye up the unoccupied bed on the floor. "Sorry to disturb you...." He waved at her again as he walked straight out her room.

"Well, that was weird...." She said out loud.

Hopping off the bed, she changed out of her nightclothes. Perhaps he's here to see Ichthys, they are related anyway. As she rolled up a sock, she realised that Eros was also downstairs, so, putting on her other sock, she rushed downstairs. At the bottom of the stairs, she spots Eros looking quite questionably at Casus as he stood just to the side.

"Luce? Why did a guy just come down from upstairs?" Eros questioned her.

"Errr.... Well, Eros this is Casus...." Lucette answered him, and Casus gave a small wave in Eros' direction, and walked right over to the little brown cat.

Eros hops off the sofa, grabs Lucette's hand and drags her into the kitchen.

"Why are we here?" She questions him as he lets go of her hand and stares at her.

"Can you tell me why that guy came from upstairs?" He flat out asks her.

"I admit I woke up and found him there, he didn't really say why he's here...." She shrugged.

Eros moves his hand to his chin and ponders. "I get the feeling that I've seen him before. It's just something about those blue eyes, y'know? But I don't know where."

"Well...." Lucette began. "Casus is Ikky's and Corvus' uncle...."

"Seriously?" Eros raises his eyebrows at that. "Their entire family tree is weird, I suppose they are all weird anyway, so it makes sense."

"Well, Casus is a good guy."

"I will take your word for it...."

Lucette smiled at him, and turned on her heel to head back into the living room. However, she ends up bumping into the kitchen table and stumbles. As she stumbles, something grabs her arm and, as she looks back, she sees that Eros is staring right back at her.

"Careful there...."

"Ah, thank you...." As she stared up at his eyes, she gently got reminded that he was a massive wolf once. "Hey.... The whole dog thing...."

"Ah, yes.... That...." He let go of her, and looked a bit awkward. "What about it?"

"Do you..." What was she going to say to him? Her trail of thought went nowhere.

"Funnily enough, I have gained a weird sense, I can find the rough location of things that have gone missing. I found that out quite recently too...."

"Like a bloodhound?"

"I suppose? But it came in handy when I lost something, so that's good..."

"What did you lose?"