17. Twisted Emotions

"Well, look at what the cat dragged in..." Corvus said, staring down at the newcomer.

"Now is that any way to treat someone you have not seen for a while?"

The other person looked up at Corvus, and at that moment, he couldn't help but make a disgruntled face. Corvus never really got along with this guy.... He was way too unpredictable.

"What do you want..... Casus?"

The guy, now revealed to be called Casus, laughed. He stared back at Corvus with piercing blue eyes, that is slightly hidden behind black hair.

"Can't I come and see the fam?"

"No."

"Awww... Shame."

Corvus really didn't like talking to Casus. In truth, Casus was, in a way, like an older version of his annoying brother. He kept out of arm's reach of Casus at all times because of this.

"Y'know... She is kinda sweet... I ship it!"

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me..." Casus winked at him, with a smile on his face. "However, you do have competition."

"I have no idea who you are referring to..."

"Don't you now? Did you forget who I am?"

Corvus eyes opened wider..... Casus... The irritating wild child one. He governed over fate, so he could see other people's futures...

"So..."

"You're not one bit curious?"

"..No."

"Shame... Shame." Casus started to walk backwards, away from Corvus.

"Tchh... Fine..."

Casus stopped, and smiled.

"In truth, I don't know..."

"What?"

"I can't see her future, or the futures of those around her. Honestly? I don't even know their fates..."

Corvus stared back at him. He is the irritating God of fates and basically peoples futures.... And he cannot see Lucette's or her friends' futures? What nonsense was this?

"That makes no sense."

"A glitch probably..."

Corvus' eyes narrowed, this guy should be more worried.. Why wasn't he worried?

"Why aren't you concerned?"

"Me? Hmmm... Who knows... Maybe I just don't care?"

Corvus really wanted to hit him... But Casus was his senior, and very unpredictable. So, he decided against it...

"Why are you here then?"

"Didn't I already answer that question?"

"Not with a proper answer..."

Casus raised an eyebrow, and laughed.

"Ever the hermit."

"Don't lump me with your nonsense!"

Corvus watched, as the black haired man smiled at him and clicked his fingers. Instantly, a card appeared in between his fingers. Casus' eyes flicked to the card for a brief moment and he grinned.

"I'm going to take my leave, but this is for you... You need it." He threw the card and it landed right in front of Corvus. Casus did a salute with his hand, and instantly vanished.