69. Squirrel of the Night

Lucette was staring at the little dark brown squirrel. Corvus had, instead of disappearing, somehow turned himself into a squirrel.

"Can't you fix yourself?" She whispered to him, since Mai was still next door in the bathroom.

"Oh yeah, totally. I can just transform back while your friend is in the other room. Sure that would work wonders...." Corvus replied to her, sounding extremely sarcastic.

"....."

"A squirrel was not even on my agenda...."

As she looked at him more, she noticed that his eyes were glowing, just as she noticed earlier.

"You do know that your eyes are glowing, right?"

"What?" He hopped out of her hands, scurried over to the mirror and examined himself. "Oh... So they are..."

"Why?" She asked him as she leaned down to watch him. His tiny head then turned in her direction. "It's probably because of.... Err.... Ahem...." Clearing his throat, he looked away.

"What?"

"I... Ahem... Tasted you...." He said the last two words rather quickly.

"I didn't catch that..."

Slumping his tiny squirrel shoulders, he turned to face her and pointed, with one of his small arms, at her. Lucette couldn't help but notice that he looked rather adorable as a squirrel.

"Your.... Womanly..." He coughed. "Essence...."

Tilting her head, she was rather confused about what he was even getting at.

"I don't get it...."

"Oy vey....." He then started to lick his little squirrel hand, which made her recall him licking his fingers after.....

"You're kidding!"

"Woah! Shush... Well, you finally got it...."

Feeling extremely embarrassed, she picked up her pillow and threw it directly at him. The pillow hit him straight on. The door to the bathroom then opened, and she looked up and saw Mai coming from it.

"Well, that was a whole load off, it was more than a pee break..."

"Too much information..."

"Hahaha!" Mai strode over and looked around. "Oh, where has the little squirrel gone?"

"Ah, I let him out..." She got off the bed and kicked the pillow under the bed. She briefly saw a little squirrel hand underneath it.

"Ah, fair enough... Anyway, I'm starving, so get dressed! I am waiting outside." She gave a small wave and went back out the door.

Lucette looked under the bed and saw a very annoyed looking Corvus squirrel with folded arms. She could easily tell where he was because his eyes were still glowing.

"You deserved that..." She told him.

"Excuse me?" He walked out from under the bed. "I just said the truth, and you hit me!"

"You were being lewd!"

"... Really? Dare I remind you about what happened earlier?"

"What? No... Why are you so..... Irritating?!"

"I fail to see it..." Taking a leaping bound, he jumped onto her bed and sat down. "Anyway, go... Go and do whatever..."

"What are you going to do?"

"Me? Figure out why I am a blooming squirrel, that's what!"

Even if he was being rather irritable right now, it was kind of cute because he was actually a little squirrel. Turning around, she moved towards the bathroom, carrying her clothes, and got changed out of her pyjamas. However, as she took off her bottoms to put her underwear on, she flinched slightly. The downstairs department was rather.... Sensitive... To say the least. Did that actually happen? True, apparently they were 'dating' but.... Shaking her head to change her train of thought, she finished getting dressed. Heading back into the other room, she saw Corvus, still sitting there as a squirrel. Realising something, she remembered this happened before. The whole incident with the tree. Was this basically the same thing?