36. Blue Eyes

As Lucette continued to lay there, she felt her eyes drooping, but when she opened them again she was not in her bed, let alone her room. It was one of those 'dreams' again. The room she was now standing in was the same bare room she was in before. But this time there were actual others.

Curled up like a dog in front of the door, was the same black horse. As she continued to look around, something arose from the bed. Sitting up was the same boy she saw before, but he looked older. She guessed he was in his early preteens.

"Another day, another...." He said, placing his head in his hands. He looked generally exhausted.

"Hmm? Oh you're awake..." The horse answered, as he got up and walked over.

"How long this time?" The boy asked the horse.

"Two days... Give or take."

"I see...." The boy swung his legs over the bed and got up. As he walked past Lucette, she noticed the red raw back he had, and were those cuts upon cuts that haven't even had enough time to heal yet?

"You could still rest..."

"It's not like it would do anything..."

As they were talking, the horse's ears perked up. Heading over to the window, he peered out of it.

"I wonder what's going on?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

"Have a look yourself..." The horse stepped aside to let the boy look. As Lucette could easily look as well, she took a look when the boy did.

From a little ways away, there was a bit of a large crowd, and people running backwards and forwards.

"Nothing that exciting has happened here.... Ever.."

"Care to go and take a peak?" The horse suggested, already having opened the door.

The boy gave the horse a small smile, picked up a nearby shirt, and walked out the door with the horse. Lucette followed suit.

As all three of them got closer to the commotion, both the boy and the horse dipped out of sight, so they could check out what's going on without being seen. As Lucette didn't hide herself, she could see what was going on clearly.

Standing just a few feet away, was a dark haired man that looked familiar. As he turned his head, his striking red eyes glowed.

"It's that man from the other dream...." She said out loud.

It was most definitely the same man she had seen in the previous dreams, although there was something odd. His mannerism wasn't the same as the one she knew of. Instead, he looked like he was trying to dominate a chess game. Looking around, hunting for the best move.

"Ah... My dear Caelum." Another man approached him wearing a white suit, he stretched his hand out. "Whatever do I owe you the pleasure of?"

"Can't I see an old... 'friend', or is that illegal now?" The man, named Caelum, took the hand and shook it.

"Not really, but you coming here unannounced though.. Makes me wonder if you're spying..."

"Hah, perish the thought, Dominus!"

"Only a few more years y'know..."

"Hmm... I suppose, besides, have you met my other son?" Caelum gestured with his hand and, stepping out from behind him, was another preteen boy. His face didn't show emotion, and Lucette couldn't help but think he looked awfully like that dictionary reading weirdo..