79. Training and Wonders

As Corvus watched her leave, he sighed to himself. That side of him keeps rearing his head, and it is such an inconvenience. Heading out the kitchen, he saw Ichthys glued to the TV, and he didn't even move when he walked into the room. Prodding him in the shoulder, with his finger, he questioned him.

"Are you dead?"

"Eh?" Ichthys turned his head. "Oh, I didn't see you there."

"Well, I can see that. What are you doing?"

"Me? Oh just watching this show, being too invested in it and, like, a bomb could go off and I wouldn't know...." Ichthys picked up the remote and turned it off.

"Weren't you watching that?"

"Oh, it saves your progress."

"I see...."

"Did you need something?" Ichthys tilted his head at him.

"Did you perhaps...... Hear anything?"

"Errrr.... The TV? Honestly, I forgot where I was until you poked me." Ichthys admitted.

"Well, you aren't lying...."

"Why would I lie about that?"

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Corvus sighed. "No reason.... Also, a question for you...." He raised one finger and pointed it right at him. "I saw the whole thing with her through the window. You had a prime time to do something, and yet you didn't.... Why?"

"Hmmm.... Let's just say...." He waved a hand at him, nonchalantly. "I lowered myself on the pecking order."

"What does that even mean?"

".... It's something...." Ichthys slapped him on the upper arm, and grinned at him.

"Have you just indirectly 'dumped' her?"

"I suppose you could look at it that way, but no. Not really, but...." Ichthys turned his normal grin into a mischievous grin. "When are you going to say those sweet, sweet words?"

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, Luce. Oh how I looooo... Mmmgh?"

Corvus moved quickly and placed his hand around Ichthys' mouth.

"Don't be so damn loud, and this conversation is over!" He removed his hand, boinked him on the head and began to walk away.

"She bleeds, by the way...."

"Eh?" Turning around, he saw Ichthys staring at him with a serious expression on his face. "Er, yes.... Every month, so I gather...."

"What? Oh... No, not that! She cut herself on a knife. Doesn't that strike you as odd?"

"What knife?"

Ichthys got up from the sofa, and gestured to Corvus to follow him into the kitchen. When they both entered, Ichthys scanned the cutlery, searching for something and finally pulled out a normal, everyday knife used for preparing food.

"This one...."

"And you saw it?"

"Yep.... So one, something is interesting or two.." He raised the knife to look it over. "This isn't an ordinary knife...."

"If it was made here, then it wouldn't do any harm. But the other matter is concerning...."

"Yeah... So..." Ichthys smiled for a brief moment and threw the knife directly at Corvus. The action was so swift, that he didn't notice until it actually hit him. But all it did was bounce off of him and clatter to the floor. "Well.... Now I'm confused...."