42. The Kiss to Forget

A/N - Lime Warning

Victus had left everyone under the care of Finis. Even though he lacked 'certain' stuff, he was still, oddly, a good nurse. But he had to confirm something. Originally it didn't dawn on him, but Eros was originally Reos. The guardian beast. Born into this word in a unique way. But he had forgotten something. Back then, Casus mentioned that he could sort things out. Then, back at school, he couldn't help but think that he knew that boy's grandmother. As he kept thinking, he found himself outside that boy's house. The one where he lives alone. Making no effort to go through the door, he phased through the wall and found himself inside the house.

Inside, the house itself was clean. It only had the bear essentials, but it looked homely. As he looked around, he spotted pictures hanging around. They were mostly pictures of that boy with those two girls. Was it really a coincidence that the reincarnation of Reos landed here? To be at the side of the missing 'princess'? A piece of knowledge that was truly only discovered recently, but it added up way too well.

As he continued his way around the house, he sensed an odd presence. A presence that he hadn't felt in a long while. Heading straight to the source, it led him to a small cosy room. A figure sat in the chair in front of an open fire.

"I was wondering when you were going to connect those dots..."

Victus half smiled, of course it had to be them. Who else would it have been?

"So this is what happened to you..." He moved to sit on a chair opposite.

As he looked straight at the person sitting in the chair, they smiled at him. Heartwarming, turquoise eyes and silky brown hair that framed her face.

"I'm sorry for the disguise earlier, but a grandmother has gotta look the part..."

"Aria..." Victus stated.

It was, of course, Aria, the lady of song. In truth, she had disappeared years ago. One of the other mysteries of their kind. But here she was, looking straight at him.

"So this is what Casus meant when he would handle it... So, he gave the reborn Reos to you.."

Aria, smiled sweetly at him. "Yes... Even if he is a little different, he is still technically my grandson.." She lent over the chair, and picked up a book. "I taught him how to be 'human'. I.... Failed... to help my children, and I wasn't going to sit idly by when I was handed another chance." Her face fell. "But... He learnt quickly, and he gained more emotions over time. One day he told me he wanted to come to this place.. Lunaria. I was, excusing the pun, over the moon with that. He never usually wanted anything. But this one thing, he did. Although, it did hurt me a little when he said he wanted to be 'alone' here. But it later made me happy, because he became his own person." Aria smiled.

"He wanted to come here himself?" Victus questioned her, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I, of course, obliged. Shortly after moving here, he met that very spirited young girl. Then, a year later, by some strange course of fate, he met 'her' again."

"Fate... Huh?"

"Before you go down that route, Casus has informed me that he wasn't aware of her coming here. Although he cannot see the fate of my dear Eros, or that girl actually..." Aria shrugged, as she flipped through the book. "Perhaps it was just meant to be..... Or the will of... 'Her'.." She smiled as she got to a page, and handed the book over to Victus. He took it and looked down.

The picture she had showed him was Eros, but he had a butterfly on his finger. His face showed contentment, as he stared at this little bug. But there was something familiar about that butterfly. It's purple colouring and the distinct red markings.