134. Brothers

Few days earlier

After he left Lucette behind, Corvus exited the room and, after he closed the door, he leaned against it and let out a long drawn sigh. He had to wonder.... Was that the right thing to do? He was half annoyed at the decision that the rest of his family had made and he was also rather annoyed with himself for letting his vulnerability show way too much. As he raised his arm a little, he started to flex his hand. He then noticed that there was something 'different'.

"Power?" He whispered out loud to himself. "This could explain why she didn't react as much...."

Corvus sighed again, as he kicked off of the door and turned around to look right at the handle. He then wondered to himself if it was rude to stay behind? But no, he couldn't. As much as Corvus finds him extremely annoying, Ichthys was still his younger brother, and he had to look after him somehow. Letting out another sigh, he finally turned away from the door and headed off.

Given that he originally snuck out, he then snuck back into the main hall again. As he walked back in, he noticed that they were still talking amongst themselves, apart from one person. As he slipped in behind them, Corvus poked their back, and whispered.

"Are they still at it?"

As the one Corvus poked turned around, they then smiled at him with their pearly whites. If this was another time, it was like looking into the mirror.

"Apparently...." Ichthys informed him. "I could be sleeping right now."

Corvus rolled his eyes at his little brother. "What is your fascination with sleeping all of a sudden? You were never like that before."

"It's comfy."

"That's.... That isn't a decent answer."

"Well since 'you' took over, I could lay back more." Ichthys stretched.

".... Are you being serious right now?"

"Yup."

"Do you boys have something meaningful to say?" A cold, harsh voice makes both of them nearly jump. As they both turned in the voice's direction, they saw that Infernus was staring back at them with an amused expression.

"I was just wondering when you guys have stopped talking." Corvus informed him, sounding unamused at his sudden appearance.

Infernus raised an eyebrow. "You do realise this also includes you two, right?" Infernus' eye wanders to Corvus. "Especially you, considering things...."

"Well...." Ichthys stretches again. "Unlike your old butt, we have means of an escape if things go bad."

The corner of Infernus' lips turn into a rather smug smile.

"Awkwardly enough, you have a point. Let's just hope that you don't have to put it into play. However....." He turns to stare at Ichthys. "We younger brothers have certain roles to play as well."

"Ehh?" Ichthys looked confused.

"What are you talking about?" Corvus demanded from him.

"Ah, nothing...." Infernus shrugged.

"Infernus, stop harassing the young ones." A much calmer, softer voice rings out, and then two more figures join them. One of the figures is heavily cloaked, and the other figure is Infernus' older twin, Caelum.

"By the way...." Infernus turns his attention to one of the figures, the one who was heavily cloaked. "Will you seriously be ok like that?"

"It's fine...." Victus' voice rings out from under the hood. "Besides, we have a first stop to head to."