4. The Meadow

Three people were walking towards their usual spot when one of them stopped.

"Why is there a pile of daisies here?"

"What?"

"Yeah look, daisies." A girl said while pointing to a large pile of daisies.

"Mai, pretty sure someone was trying to make a daisy chain." A male voice said as he strode past and collapsed onto the ground.

"OREOS! How rude."

The boy sat up a bit and stared her down.

"Please, don't..." He half demanded as he laid back down again.

"Aww...Come on. Gotta admit it, was funny."

"I don't see the funny side of it..."

"Hey, Luce you thought it was funny right?" Mai called out to her female friend, but she was crouched down looking at another pile of daisies.

"Hmm? Oh. Yeah... Funny."

She got back up and walked over to Eros and Mai, before fumbling in her bag and taking out a sheet, and gently placed it on the floor. Mai watched her as she neatly placed a few boxes onto the sheet, and sat herself down.

"You're so weird..." Mai announced while slumping down on the sheet, and grabbed the closest box. "Oh sweet, they do those little sausages!" She took out a little fork, stuck it in the box and on the end of the fork was a little sausage. Shoving the fork in her mouth she made a dreamy face. "That shop's cooking is just the best."

"They're literally just cocktail sausages, you can honestly buy from anywhere." Eros had said while still laying down, not looking at them.

"Well that ain't the point." Mai looked over at Lucette, who was staring into another box. "Something up?"

"Huh? Oh no. Nothing." She placed a hand in the box and took out a little triangle shaped sandwich.

They ate for a few moments, until Mai got the itching need to say something.

"Ok. So I sorta stayed quiet for a while, but this morning. That was something."

"I rather not be in this conversation..." Eros mumbled and he moved so his back was facing the tree.

"Fine by me." Mai grinned a little and scooched over to Lucette "Soooooo... Is he that one you were talking about?" She whispered to her, nudging her side.

"Ah. No....Maybe. I don't know." Lucette squirmed as Mai got closer to get the information out of her, until Lucette stood up and Mai fell forwards onto her face.

"Darn. Yah squirrel."

"Whose a squirrel?" A voice sounds from the tree, and both girls look up. Laying on his front, with some limbs dangling, was the brown haired boy they weirdly met this morning. He grinned at them, jumping down and landing right in front of Eros with his legs on either side of him. "Hey, again." He said as he leaned forward close to his face.

"Urgh." Eros moved a hand and shoved the other boys face away from his own.

"Awww. Is that how you treat an old friend?"

"You are not my friend so in that sense of the word you arent my 'old friend'!"

Ichthys weirdly smiled at him as he watched the other one scramble out from under him and straighten himself up.

"Stop smiling like a fruit cake and bugger off."

"He's a feisty one." Ichthys said to the girls, pointing at a very grumpy looking Eros.