99. A New World

As Lucette leant on the door after Corvus had left, she couldn't help overhearing something from her living room. Kicking off from the door, she headed towards that room and there, holding several books that seemed to have fallen from the shelves, was Casus.

"Oh.. Err.... I think I miscalculated something..." He told her, looking a bit sheepish.

Shaking her head, she walked over and assisted him by putting the books back on the shelf. Afterwards, he took a step back.

"Sorry about that...." He nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"It's no problem but.... Erm, it's been awhile...." She said to him, with a smile. When was the last time she actually saw him? Back in Celedain? No, it must have been earlier than that.

"Ah, yeah.... Sorry...." He took a seat on the sofa, and she sat down on the armchair.

"Oh!" She finally realised when she last saw him. "Thank you about that healing thing!"

"Oh, no problem.... But I suppose you are now somewhat aware of why you can do it?" Casus leant back on the sofa a little.

"You mean the unicorns?"

"Yes."

"Wait, were you aware of that?"

"That you are somehow kin to them? Yeah, kind of? But I couldn't really be sure of it, so it was just a guess on my part. But at least my guess was correct."

"I never knew they existed before, heh...."

"Well, considering the things you have seen, I think a horse with a horn is not too far out of the weird category."

"Well, you have a point there." Lucette half laughed at that.

"I will say that some of the human knowledge of unicorns is correct. They are a holy beast."

"It still feels weird that I have unicorns at my beck and call...."

"It could be weirder. You could have slugs at your beck and call."

"Hah! True."

As she laughed, she was reminded about the scene she saw in her dream. The scene where Casus straight up murdered two people, and then burned their bodies. Was it best to ask him about it? Or not?

"You've been staring at me rather intently for a bit now...."

"Huh?" With her train of thought interrupted, she saw him staring right at her. "Oh, sorry...."

"Is there something on your mind?"

Maybe it won't be such a bad idea to ask him? So, taking in a deep breath, she started to explain everything that she saw in that dream. From the figure hiding under the bed, those two people, him killing them and then Lucien appearing. It was more or less the best way that she could do the 'play by play' of what she saw.

"Ah...." Casus exhaled. "I won't lie, what you saw was, in fact, the truth. I just merely saved a soul, and those two people? Well, they're rather vile people who had plans. I just removed them from their own equation."

"Yeah... I got the feeling that those two weren't nice...."

"I didn't want to do what I did, but it was a necessary thing to do back then."

"Oh, I get you.... I do.... But thank you for explaining...."

Casus smiled, stood up from the sofa and walked over to her.

"You really are trusting, huh?"

"Well, you aren't a bad guy. You may have done bad things, but you aren't a bad guy...."