81. A Girl's Feelings

Note: Tasty Lime

When Lucette awoke the next morning, she felt awfully refreshed. As she raised herself up into a sitting position, she saw that Ichthys was faced down on the sofa again, and a small bird body was also sleeping faced down in the cat bed. It was such an odd thing to see, since they were more or less mimicking each other. It was still the weekend, and it is also June, which meant that it was in fact summer. Hopping out of bed, she exited her bedroom and headed downstairs. Both of them have already seen her wandering around in her pajamas, so there was nothing to worry about. As she sat in her kitchen, her phone vibrated next to her. She then reached for it and, on the display, she could see a text message.

It's June, know what that means, right? SWIMSUITS!

As she was about to reply back, she got another text.

Shopping for those good for you today? Before all the good ones go!

Shaking her head, she replied back. The messages were from Mai, and she obviously wanted to go shopping. A few moments later, a third text from Mai came through.

Great! Meet you at the bus stop near yours at around 11, sound good?

Lucette actually did reply back, saying 'yes'. If she said 'no' it would've caused havoc, but she also realised that she hasn't actually hung around with Mai for a while, as Mai tended to get stolen by her dad a lot. But sending a reply saying 'yes' sounded good, she then got another text back with a heart emoji. Placing her phone back down on the counter, she realised that she still had some time. Heading back upstairs, she walked back in her room. As she entered her room, she was not surprised to see that both Ichthys and Corvus were still asleep. Which was odd, since Corvus was usually the first up, but he was still face down on his bed. Gathering up her clothes to wear for today, she headed back out towards the bathroom.

When she finally got out of the bathroom, after freshening up and changing into her day clothes, she walked back into the bedroom. This time, only one was awake, but it wasn't who she thought it might be. Ichthys was crouched beside the cat bed, prodding at the face down bird.

"What are you doing?"

As he heard her voice, Ichthys turned his head. "I think he's dead...."

"I am not dead, and would you stop prodding me?" The bird rolled over, and swatted his finger away with his wing, and sat up. "I was having a nice dream, and I didn't want it to end. Now you ruined it."

"Oh? Something spicy?"

"I was strangling you...."

"Well, that ain't fun...." Ichthys pouted.

"Well, it is to me...."

"Mean."

"Tch...." Corvus grumbled as he hopped off the bed, strolled over to the bookcase, and eyed up the books.

"Surely, you must have read all those?" Lucette questioned him.

"I actually have, but I keep my current book...... Right here...." He pulled on a book, and the large book came tumbling down. He then hopped down and opened it. "Now, if you'll excuse me...."

"The amount you read, you're going to look like a book." Ichthys said to Corvus as he walked over and stared down at him.

"I am reading, you do not exist right now.... Now go away!" Corvus shooed him away, with a wing.

"Oh. the brutality...."

"Which reminds me...." Lucette spoke up, and both of them turned towards her. "I'm meeting Mai later, so I'm going to do that. It's been a while since I've really spent any girl time with her...."