102. Eventful Evening

A/N - Lemon Warning

When Lucette opened her eyes, she expected to see the room that she had been given, but instead she saw something completely different. To be honest, she had no idea where she was, but the sound of baby noises in the corner made her curious. As she looked for the source of the noise, she noticed a baby cot. Walking over to it, she peered inside and there, staring right back at her, was a small baby. But, for some reason, the child's eyes were blank, they had no colour to them but they clearly had pupils. The child was wrapped up well, since she could only see it's face. Was this someone's memory? As Lucette looked around the room, she noticed that there was nothing else. As she was staring at this child, she didn't notice that the room around her turned into a void. As she looked back at the cot, she saw that it poofed into a thousand tiny feathers, and those feathers started to spin around her. Getting concerned, she slumped to the floor and wrapped her arms around her body. As she closes her eyes and reopens them, she notices that she is staring into the face of Corvus, who is peering down at her.

"Are you ok?" He asked her, sounding slightly concerned.

"I'm fine...." Hoisting herself up, she looked around. She saw that there was no voidness, and that she was clearly back in that room. "It was just a weird dream...."

"Yeah, you started to thrash a little...." Corvus moved away from her and sat further down the bed.

"I did? Ah...."

"A bad dream?"

"I don't know.... There was just a lot of void, this weird baby, and a lot of feathers...."

"That's a very strange dream....."

"You're telling me, at first I thought it could've been a memory of someone again.... But... Errr.... Nah, it was just some crazy dream."

As she tried to compose herself again, a knock came from the door.

"Ah! You woke up just in time, actually." Corvus got off of the bed, walked over to the door and opened it.

"Good evening!" Alistair announced as he came into the room, pushing a trolley filled with food. "I hope they are to your liking, miss." He stopped just before her bed, bowed a little and walked back out of the room. "Have a good evening, young master." He bowed before Corvus, as he still held the door open, and then walked out of the room.

"Ooo, goodies!" Lucette smiled as she shifted over towards the trolley, and lifted one of the lids on the trays. Underneath one of the lids, she saw that it looked like a pasta dish. As she lifted another, she saw that it showed the sauce. Corvus came over, after shutting the door, and peered into the dishes. "Want a bit?"

"Nah, I'm good."

"You really don't eat much, do you?"

"I thought we established that?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah, I know.... But you do eat sometimes."

Corvus sighed. "We don't need to eat to sustain ourselves, we just eat because the texture and taste is nice. Unless their gummy bears, then that's literal poison...."

Lucette laughed a little, as she did kind of forget about his weird ailment with those little gummies.

"And what is so funny?"

"Ah, ha nothing...."

"I smell food!"

A cheerful voice rings out, and a brown cat pounced onto the bed and peered at the food that was on display.