41. A Dog's Tale

A/N - Mention of blood and death

Lucette felt like she was 'walking' on air, it was weird. Did she fall asleep? Last thing she remembered was talking to Eros and... And what else? Did she really fall asleep?! But as she looked around, she was no longer in her room, it was somewhere completely different. Sighing, she figured out she was having one of those 'dreams' again. Hopefully it would be better than her previous ones. As she was thinking that, a large black being walked straight past her. Jumping slightly, she noticed it was a large dog.

It kept pacing back and forth, in front of a door. After a short while, the door opened and a man stepped through. Wait... That man, his well dressed suit and his kind smile, doubled over with his strangely kind, red eyes. It was the same man she had seen before. The man who owned that red horse.

"Don't worry Reos, everything is fine..." He said with a kind voice, moving his hand to stroke his black fur. "You can go in now..." He stepped sideways, and gestured for the dog to enter.

The dog nodded and walked in, and with that, the man smiled and walked down the hallway. She took the chance and went inside the room, following the dog. The room was covered with purple. It was the kind of room she could only dream of having. The dog made a beeline for a four poster bed, and jumped on it, using his front paws, and laid his head down. Making her way over, she saw a small girl, fast asleep tucked up in bed. The dog nudged her hand and then licked it, waking her.

"Hmm?" Opening her eyes and using her other hand to rub the sleep off, she noticed the dog beside her and smiled. "Oh, Reos."

The dog looked at her with kind eyes, and she gently stroked his fur, smiling ever so gently.

"I'm alright, are you alright?"

Lucette took a moment to look at the girl, on closer inspection she realised it was Lucille. Was this after that previous incident, or something else entirely? She couldn't actually tell. However, she watched them for a while. She felt at ease, watching them. The girl stayed in bed, but the large dog stayed. After a short while, the same violet haired woman came into the room. Lucette couldn't help wondering if she ever mentioned that this woman was awfully pretty. But there was something very oddly familiar with her, everything about her seemed..... Nostalgic.

"Reos." The woman directed her words to the dog. "Can you please leave us for a moment?"

The dog peeled himself off the bed, and walked towards the open door. As he went round the side, she closed it behind him.

"Mother?" Lucille questioned her.

Sighing, the woman walked over to the bed, picking up her long pale pink dress she carefully sat at the end of the bed.

"How are you?"

Lucille looked taken aback for a moment, before she smiled. "I'm doing good, fit as a fiddle. Well, sort of..."

"I am glad..... But I have something to tell you..."

"Oh? What is that?"

"Sometimes, with us, this is a normal thing. It was the same with me and your father. I didn't love him at all but, over time, I did..." The woman played with the hem of her skirt.

"What do you mean?"

"Ah, I told them you were too young....." The woman sighed heavily. "Lucille, my love... You have a fiance..."

"What?" Lucille tilted her head in confusion.

"We've found you someone, like me and your father. You will be a couple. You will be with them for a long while.. You will have an important role, because of what you can do..."