51. Private Sanctum

Lucette didn't know how to react to the appearance of this regal woman. Her presence alone was kind of intimidating. Even Ichthys, who was beside her, backed off when she appeared.

"Care to introduce me? I don't think we have met before..."

The woman walked a bit closer to them. As she did so, Ichthys moved directly in front of her, like he was shielding her. Was this woman really that bad?

"Oh, you wound me so..." She said stopping just a little way away from them.

"It's nothing you said or did, but reasons are reasons..." Ichthys firmly told her.

Lucette watched from underneath his arm, and she saw the woman start twirling a piece of her hair.

"I see then..."

Lucette saw a little glint in her eye as she disappeared from sight and, before she even noticed, she felt herself getting grabbed by the arm and pulled backwards. As she got pulled, the entire area changed and the next thing she saw was a very regal looking bedroom. Finally managing to turn around, she saw that same woman holding onto her arm. She then smiled and let go.

"What..?"

"He wouldn't answer me so, of course, I took matters into my own hands..." The woman walked off, and sat on a nearby sofa. "Come and share a seat with me."

Feeling intimidated by the presence of this woman, Lucette shook her head.

"I'd rather stay here..."

"Suit yourself."

As Lucette took in the room more, she noticed that the colour red was used a LOT. Given that the woman was also wearing red, she had an inkling that this woman liked the colour red. The room was red, with a lot of gold decorations. Off to the side of the room was a massive bed. If she had to guess, it was about the size of a king but might even be bigger than that.. The sheets looked awfully soft. But, as she quickly scanned the room, she saw that there was another bed in the room. It was in the corner, and it looked like a four poster bed. But it's dark curtains were pulled. Why would anyone need two beds?

"I can see that you are eyeing up my beds..."

"Huh?"

Was the woman aware that she was looking? She only really briefly looked at them.

"I do have a partner..." The woman smirked at her.

"I get it..." Lucette really didn't want to go down this route, considering the fact that Ichthys DID call her 'mother', so would she be referring to the father? She briefly wondered who that might be.

"But, since we are here, and this place can't be touched because it is my personal sanctum, we can talk as much as we like here..." The woman crossed her legs and held out a hand. In a split second, a wine glass appeared and she elegantly took a sip. "But, I do require you to sit though..." She waved her free hand, and Lucette felt her knees bend. Looking down, she realised that she was sitting in a little armchair.

"I......"

"Now then, I am well aware of your uniqueness my dear... I could really tell, since my son did look 'different'...."

"So, Ichthys is your son?" She wanted to get that question out of the way.

"Yes." The woman took a sip of her wine. "And, in turn, his brother is as well."

In truth, Lucette sorta guessed that part, since his right eye was the same colour as this lady's.

"I see, they never really spoke about you..."