119. The Prisoner

The area where Corvus was right now made no sense. When he tried to look at his own hands, he saw nothing, but he could still see things. Was this the afterlife? If so, then it was rather lame. Was he supposed to hang around as 'nothing' for the rest of, well, his life now? Seriously.... Lame. But, as he thought that to himself, he heard something move behind him and, as he turned around to look at what made the noise, he saw that there, standing in front of him, was... It looked like a Dragon... But it didn't have any wings. Something came up behind the wingless dragon and Corvus noted that it looked like a massive snake-like creature with a dragon's head. Then a third figure appeared, and Corvus noted that it was similar to Zephyr, but it looked rather more sinister. It looked more like a dragon bird instead. But all three of these beings were massive, and he felt tiny up against these beings. Wait..... He knows of these beings. They were the source of his agony, so many years ago.

"Behemoth, Leviathan and Ziz...."

The snake nodded it's head.

"It's been a while...."

"Yeah, well.... That was for a good reason."

"It was...." The bird spoke. "Never our intention to cause you harm, it was a bad case of luck."

"A bad... Case... Of luck? Seriously? Actually, nevermind, what is done is done... But what is this? Where am I?"

The wingless dragon creature stirred, and he knew it went by the name of Behemoth. "Protecting you."

"Excuse me?"

"You were shot by the mystical weapon called Noctis Diabolus." Behemoth continued talking. "A weapon that even trumps our knowledge, but it did damage and we stuck you in a forced coma."

"I was... Something told me what to do...."

"You did? .... Then...." Behemoth moved it's giant head to look right at him. "Perhaps it's best for us to send you back."

"As much as this has been lovely to talk to you, I would much prefer going back."

Behemoth moved his head away, and looked towards the other two. "I understand that you probably have ill will towards us. But, one day, I hope.... I hope that one day we can fully become one being."

Corvus was still suspicious of these guys. He had heard nothing but 'pain' with them, and they were the sole cause of Nirvana doing what she did.

"We'll see you again...."

Corvus didn't reply; he only thought that he much preferred that they didn't.

A weird sensation went through his 'body', and he went from seeing those beasts to seeing the ceiling of an unfamiliar room. It felt like something was laying down heavily on his chest, but there was nothing remotely there.

"Hey, he's awake!"

"Hmm? What?"

Two voices spoke near him and he noticed that they both sounded familiar. One annoyed him, and the other didn't.

"Hey?" A familiar face appeared in his line of sight. "You're ok!" Ah, Lucette.

"Somewhat...." Corvus replied, However, he didn't move because, to be honest, he couldn't even try.

"What happened to you?"

"I have no idea where to begin with that...."

"Can you move?"

"No...."

"Oh, lemme see if I can..."

"No." He firmly told her as she moved towards his chest. "I know what you want to do, but use it on that darn cat. It's a better option... Believe me."