✟ Chapter Seventeen: City in Ruin's ✟

Riley yawns as he stretches out in his bed of hay. Looking around himself, he doesn't see anyone else laying down near him, he instantly sit's up, slightly anxious. He look's around the cave only to find them all sitting around at the table. He lets out a sigh of relief as he stands up and walks over to them. Keoki hears him shuffling to them, he instantly looks back at him and smiles brightly, "Hey, good morning. We didn't wanna wake you up. So we decided to wait up for you and then head out." Keoki says with some enthusiasm. 

 "Thank you, I really appreciate you all doing that for me."

          Charel stands up from her chair and leans against the table, "It's the least we could do for you. You gave us a place to rest and recover." Charel smiles at him and winks, Riley blushes. 

"We should be ready to leave in a few minutes. The faster we get to the Facility the better. We should get there by noon if we leave on schedule. So let's-" Karlyn cut's herself off when the cave begins to shake and rumble, dirt and a few rocks fall off the ceiling. Everyone frowns as they look up to see the walls and ceiling trembling. 

"What the hell was that?" Jet anxiously ask's as he look's back at Riley. Riley shrugs his shoulder's, "I'm not sure. That's the first time it's happen here." 

       Suddenly the cave begin's to tremble again, more rocks begin to crumble off the walls and ceiling. Lana quickly makes her way toward's Angel to shield him from any falling rocks. Redrick walks over to them and lifts Angel up into his arm's. 

"We should get going now before this entire cave caves in on us!" Keoki shouts as he and Riley lead the way out of the cave and up the stairs. Jet glances back to make sure everyone left, he doesn't see anyone else and follows behind Karlyn. 

         As their all quickly trudging up the stairs, the hall shakes wickedly every so often, sometimes causing some of the group members to lose their balance. They all begin to run at top speed as bigger chunks of the ceiling begin to break apart. 

        Everyone successfully escapes the cave as the ceiling collapses in on its self. 

"Well, I guess we should make our way to the Facility. Let's hope this shaking stops before we get there." Keoki says as he scratches the back of his head. Karlyn and Jet nod their heads. Charel suddenly looks in the direction of the Facility. Lana notices and squints at her. 

"What is it Charel?" 

"Something doesn't feel right over there in the direction of the Facility. We should really get a move on as fast as we can." Charel anxiously says as she stands up and begins walking in the direction of the Facility with everyone following close behind her. 

        Gabriel groans as he sits down on a log, he begins wiping away the blood on his armor. Raphael crouches down in front of Cassiel and begins to heal his wound on his arm. Celeste then tend's to Michael's wound on his chest. 

"That boy who uses the water element sure did a number on you're armor Michael. I'm slightly surprised." Celeste smiles at him as he shakes his head. 

"Next time it won't be so easy." 

       Azazel leaps down in front of them all with some fruit in his hand, he hands everyone some to eat. Azazel tries to offer some to Gabriel, but he shakes his head. 

"I can't believe that little girl got away from us. We could of had them if it wasn't for those fucking zombies getting in the way." Gabriel sneers as he slams his foot down on the ground, causing it to slightly tremble. 

"What are we gonna do now Michael?" Raphael curiously ask's him as he finishes healing Cassiel's arm. 

"We already know where they are going. We just need to try to get their before them. If I'm not mistaken the Facility is at the center of a small city. We just need to be weary of the others that are already there. I imagine the Black Heart's are already on the way, we should leave very soon." Michael says as he stands up, Celeste and the rest of the group nod their heads.