✟ Chapter Twenty: A New Bond is Created ✟

Jet, Karlyn and Redrick frown in confusion as they glance at each other, to make sure they heard the same thing. Dorian smiles as he nods his head, ''You heard me right, I'm immortal.''

''How is that even possible? In all my life I have never heard of any Black Heart having immortality.'' Karlyn says as she stands closer to Dorian and begins inspecting him. Dorian anxiously chuckles as he scratches the back of his head. Dorian shrugs his shoulders, continuing to chuckle. 

''So how old are you? How long have you been alive?'' Redrick curiously ask's him, Karlyn and Jet both nod their heads too, wanting an answer. 

         Dorian takes in a breath of fresh air before speaking, ''I've been around for a while. I would say about eighty years. I was barely forty-one years old when World War 3 finished in 2015. And it's been about forty years since the first attack. I've been alive for eighty one years, and I still look like I'm twenty-four years of age.'' Dorian says as he shakes his head in disbelief, thinking back at the long road.

          They suddenly hear a few different footsteps behind them, they all turn around to see Lyla and Akio walking towards them. Lyla cheekily smiles at them as Akio waves. 

''You guy's doing some training down here? We heard all of the commotion a few halls down, is everything alright?'' Lyla anxiously ask's as she glances around the training field to see it slightly destroyed and withered. Dorian laughs to himself as he stands up. 

''We were just doing some training actually, I wanted to teach Jet a little something that he thought he didn't have before.'' Dorian says as he pats Jet in the back, Jet frowns for a moments then remembers the power he was able to unleash beforehand. 

         Jet snaps his fingers as he remembers, ''That's right! It was so awesome! Like really-'' Jet cuts himself off and looks to his side, as if waiting for someone to cut him off. He sees Dorian giving him a strange look. Jet sighs as he shakes his head, he looks down at his feet and begins to think of Joan. 

''She would of cut me off and finished what I was going to say.''

''Who would of Jet?'' Dorian curiously ask's. A grim feeling overcomes both Karlyn and Redrick as they realize who he is talking about. Lyla and Akio both catch the feeling and signal Dorian to stop talking.

           Dorian bites his lip in discomfort, ''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring up bad memories.''

           Suddenly an unbearable feeling overcomes Lyla at the sound of those words. She squints her eyes as a burning sensation courses through her body, suddenly images of dead bodies, blood shed in every direction thousands of the undead feeding on the corpses and the Angel's flying overhead, watching. She gasps as she falls back into Akio's arm's. Dorian, Jet and the others rush towards her. Akio lays her down on the ground, everyone huddles around her. 

''Did you have a vision?'' Akio calmly asks her, Lyla nods her head. Dorian and Akio both look at each other in distress. Jet frowns in confusion when he sees the way they are both looking at each other. 

''Whats wrong? What does this mean?'' Jet nervously asks as he looks around between the three of them. 

        Lyla blinks a few times before standing up with the help of Akio by her side. ''Usually when I have a vision, it means that someone is going to die very soon. I can see the future when that person is within close range of me. But this time I saw several bodies.'' Lyla says in disbelief as she looks at both Akio and Dorian. Redrick begins to mildly shake in fear as he begins to think at the thought of dying. 

''So we're gonna die? Out of us, this circle, a few of us will die soon?'' Jet ask's her to get some clarification. Lyla slowly nods her head, trying to avoid eye contact with all of them.