Chapter Thirty-Six: Brian's Determination

Samael and Kat walk beside each other, there elbows barely grazing as they walk.

"Formation D?" Kat curiously asks as she glances at Samael. He nods his head without even looking at her.

Brian senses the two Angels heading towards him. He stops the fire balls from falling and puts his back to the tornado.

Samael and Kat stop at the same time.

Brian appears behind Samael and kicks him into the ground. As Brian lands he upper cuts Kat into the air. Before Brian could take off after Kat, Samael grabs him by the ankle and slams him into the ground.

Samael sees Brian trying to charge up his fire, but cancels it out.

"I'm not gonna let you or any of the other damn black hearts use your abilities. Not while I'm here."

Brian brings out his sword and swings it around trying to cut Samael. Brian immediately notices the feathers falling from nowhere.

He sees Angel walk around from one of the last few pillars still standing. Brian's mouth drops in shock as he drops his sword and runs to him.

"Angel!"

Angel jumps into Brian's arms, hugging him tightly.

"I missed you so much. Oh so much." Brian softly says in Angels ear. Angel smirks as he kisses Brian on the cheek.

"I've missed you too. We can finally be together forever." Angel soothingly says back into Brian's ear.

Brian slightly loosens his grip on Angels waist. "I think we're gonna have to wait a little while longer."

"Why?"

Angel gasps in pain, he spits up some blood. Angel looks down and sees Brian's fist inside his chest. He slowly pulls his fist back out and flicks off some blood.

Brian swiftly ducks down as he sees everything back to normal.

Samael misses the lunge and impales Kat through the heart, who was standing in front of Brian. Kat coughs up some blood, she looks down at the spear then back up to Samael. Brian puts his hand on Kat's chest and absorbs her ability.

"Samael?"

Samael's mouth drops as he takes a few steps back. "I'm... Im so sorry."

Kat drops dead and falls to her side. Her eyes still open, staring straight at Samael.

Brian backs away and from the two, he anxiously watches Samael, waiting for him to explode.

"I killed her. I killed Kat. I killed her. I killed her." Samael begins repeating to himself over and over again.

Samael suddenly bashes Brian in the chest with his shoulder, sending Brian sliding back. Samael leaps into the air with his spear in hand aimed for Brian's chest.

Brian leaps back out of the way just as Samael stabs the ground. Samael pulls the spear out and twirls it around.

"I will stop you here!" Samael shouts over the tornado and lightning strikes.

Brian teleports in front of Samael and grabs him, he then teleports them out of the building and into the sky. They both free fall to the ground.

Brian punches and kicks Samael. Samael retaliates by slicing open Brian's arm, causing some blood to spew out.

Brian grabs Samael and teleports them into the ground, Brian's uses Samael as a shield below him. He rolls off of Samael and gets up.

Brian looks around and sees the city completely destroyed; people running around screaming in horror and battles waging on everywhere.