Chapter Fifty-Four: Closer to the End

The rain continues falling from the pitch black clouds above. Lana looks up at the clouds, she sees some flashes of lightning scatter around.

Lana then hears some rocks crumbling, she looks forward and sees a Keoki pushing everything off of him. "Hey! Keoki, are you alright?"

Keoki groggily looks around, seeing who called him. He sees Lana leaning over Redrick, healing him. Keoki makes his way over to them and sits beside her.

"I'm okay, I think. Where's Karlyn? Riley?" He anxiously asks as he looks around. Lana shrugs her shoulder.

"He's the only one I've found so far." Lana says as she concentrates more on healing.

"Where did God go?"

"I think he's battling Brian, Angel, Joan and Jet-." A loud explosion in the sky interrupts her, both their heads snapping in the direction of it.

They see a few flashes of fire, some lightning and a few arrows soaring across the sky.

"I need to make sure Karlyn and Riley are safe, I'll be right back." Keoki says as he begins to stand, Lana grabs his hand to hold him down.

"Please, don't leave me. I'm really scared and I don't wanna be left alone." Lana quietly says as she fights back the tears. Keoki looks down at her, he nods his head and sits back down beside her.

Keoki stays on guard, looking around for any enemies.

Brian falls to one knee, leaning on his sword for balance. He takes a few deep breaths, God lands in front of him, completely fine.

"Jet, man, can you do something about this rain? Make it cooler." Brian complains as he wipes off the water from his face.

"I can't control the weather. That's ridiculous." Jet says back, equally outta breath as well.

Angel and Joan slowly land beside them both. "Stop worrying about the rain, it's just water." Angel snaps back at him.

"Nothing's working on HIM. We're out of ideas." Joan groans as she tries to cover up a wound on her arm.

"We can't give up. It's too soon." Angel says to her, trying to boost her confidence.

Brian and Jet take the lead, "Cover us." Brian says as he leaps up onto the buildings above with Jet. Brian suddenly sees a few Angels get killed by the summoned creatures.

One Angel blows out a powerful burst of wind at them while another releases a blast of lightning in the wind. Brian and Jet barely avoid the wind and lightning as they land on the rooftop. Behind them an Angel with fire abilities blows a powerful flow of fire, Jet hits back with water, easily taking out the fire.

Joan and Angel look up at them, anxiously watching them fight. Joan looks forward after she hears something whizzing towards them, she sees God's sword being thrown at them. Joan tackles Angel to the ground, avoiding the sword.

Joan quickly conjures up some lightning around her hand and runs towards God. She drags her hand along the ground, "Take this!!" Joan screams as she leaps into the air, ready to stab God.

"Joan, wait!"

Angel stands still and draws his bow. God grabs Joan's hand and redirections the blow to hit the car beside him. Joan's lightning blows the car away, it explodes when it's a few feet from them.

Joan and Angel watch in shock, God grins as he looks down at Joan's wrist. Joan tries to sucker punch him with her free hand, but God easily dodges it. Joan picks up her foot to kick him in the face as a last resort, God evades that as well. As Joan's leg is up, exposing her ribs God hits her there. She cries out in pain as she drops her leg back down, gasping for air.