Chapter Forty-Eight: Jet vs Celeste

Michael sees the pieces of Azazel scattered around them, Azazel's head laying by Jet's feet. Jet smashes it under his foot.

Reanne gulps loudly as she takes more steps back from Jet, along with everyone else. "What's happening to him?" Reanne anxiously asks as she glances at Manny.

"I'm not sure. But he's way too powerful for me to take on alone if it comes to a fight." Manny gulps loudly as he keeps everyone walking back.

Celeste frees herself from the frozen wall, she brushes off the bits of ice from her. Michael and Raphael land beside her and Gabriel.

"He's letting the darkness consume him." Celeste says as she grabs her katana.

"We've already lost two of our own. We need to destroy him as quickly as possible." Michael orders as he holds up his sword and shield. They nod their heads pulling out their weapons as well.

Aztec lands beside Jet, Aztec growls as its tongue flickers out its mouth.

"I've got the Dragon." Raphael says as he eyes it.

"Wait-!" Michael calls out for him, but Raphael soars up into the air. Aztec follows after him, Raphael pulls out his bow and begins shooting dozens of arrows at Aztec. Aztec dodges around the arrows before blowing a few balls of ice back at Raphael. Raphael easily blows them up with a powerful arrow.

Aztec roars as the rain begins to fall harder. Raphael soars down to Aztec, shooting arrows. Sharp spikes form around the inside of Aztecs wings, he flaps his wings, blowing the spikes everywhere. Raphael groans as a spike impales him through the thigh.

"Shit!" Raphael curses as he sees blood gushing out the wound.

He looks down and sees Aztec heading straight towards him. He charges up an arrow and shoot it, hiting Aztec in the chest. Aztec screeches in pain as the water sizzles in his chest.

Raphael looks down at the ground and sees Jet facing off with Michael, causing destruction everywhere. Gabriel and Celeste getting involved every chance they can.

Aztec blows more sharp gusts of spikes, Raphael gasps as he begins shooting the spikes heading to him. Aztec then blows out a powerful beam of water, Raphael charges an arrow and shoots. The arrow hits the beam causing a huge explosion, blowing them back a few feet.

Raphael grabs an arrow in his hand and soars towards Aztec, Aztec blows more gusts of spikes. Raphael easily evades them, breaking a few that nearly hit him. Aztec lunges out and scratches Raphael chest, he holds in the pain and shoves the arrow in Aztec's open chest. Aztec explodes sending Raphael back, he hurls back down head first, his armor shattered. He grabs the spike that's still in his thigh and yanks it out.

Michael looks up, finally hearing the loud explosion. He sees Raphael falling head first. Jet notices Aztec gone and suddenly quick steps below Raphael. Jet's arm change to ice, he winds back his arm to stab Raphael.

Michael and Gabriel immediately quick step near Jet.

Raphael sees Jet in front of his face, about to stab him through the heart. Raphael's heart skips a beat as he sees the tip of the blade a mere inch from his chest before seeing Jet get tackled down by Michael and Gabriel.

Raphael suddenly lands in someone's arms, Celeste smiles as she glances at him.

"Thank you."

Michael and Gabriel slam him through the ground, they immediately notice Jet gone as the smoke clears. Jet appears behind Michael and hits him multiple times in the back, Michael falls to his knees. He tries to move, but is frozen in place.