Chapter Forty-Nine: Life or Death

Judah sees the explosions of water in the ocean. He rounds a corner and sees Reanne, Sonya, Rai and a Manny taking out a few of the undead around them.

"Sonya!" Judah calls out for her. She looks around and sees him running to her. She looks down at the undead trying to bite her leg, she quickly wraps her knees around its neck and snaps it.

Sonya quickly stands up, "I didn't know what to do for Jet!" She cries out as she points at the ocean. Another explosion of water erupts from below.

"It's okay, that's why I'm here. It's my job as his Protector." Judah says as he smiles at her. She nods her head. Judah looks to the others and sees them doing fine.

Judah then heads over to the edge of the cliff and sees Jet facing off against Celeste while Gabriel and Michael are watching above in the sky.

"I can't do anything with them here. Damn!" Judah curses as he begins watching the battle.

Celeste groans as she feels the shards of ice in her stomach beginning to slow her down. Jet quick steps and appears in front of her, she looks into his eyes and sees them completely blue and emotionless. Water forms around his fist as he punches her in the chest, sending her hurling into the wall of the cliff.

Suddenly tentacles from below wrap around Jet's legs, arms and waist. Celeste slowly walks onto the water, blood dripping down one side of her face. She then claps her hands together hard, sending a huge wave of water at Jet. It splashes down on him, sending him hurling down to the bottom of the ocean. Celeste then slams her hands to the water, Jet looks up at the top of ocean and sees a few sharks swimming fast towards him.

"Shark torpedoes." Celeste says as she sees everything going on below. Jet creates a large hand from the water and grabs a few of the sharks, they immediately explode. Jet sees a few more heading to him. He quickly claps his hands together, a ball of ice immediately forms around him.

The sharks begin to hit the ice, exploding on impact. Jet sees the ice cracking around him. Suddenly a larger shark hits the ice, shattering it. Jet opens his mouth and inhales some water as the shark swims back around to him. He blows out a powerful sharp blast of water, splitting the shark in half.

Celeste gasps as she sees Jet swim back up. He drags himself out the water and stands up.

"My turn." Jet says as he looks up at the sky, she does as well. Jet smirks as Aztec bursts from the ocean, colliding into her. Aztec rams her into the wall of the cliff and drags her along it to the top. Aztec then flings her up into the sky, Jet blows out the last of water from his belly. It hits her, causing an explosion of water. It hurls Celeste back into the city.

Michael and Gabriel watch in shock as they see her crash into the ground causing another explosion of debris and dirt.

Judah gulps loudly as he looks back down at Jet. "Jet, what's happening to you?"

"I'll make this next one quicker." Jet says with an evil grin. A black aura begins to seep out from him, mixing in with the blue.

The clouds above the two Angels gets darker as the rain falls harder and wind begins to pick up. Michael suddenly sees something whiz by his head.

"What the hell was that!?"

Gabriel and Michael look around to see spikes of hail falling from the sky only around them two. Michael quickly holds up his shield as some bash against it. Gabriel holds his spear up and quickly twirls it around, blocking the hail.

Jet smirks as he creates a large spike of water beside him. He grabs it, turning it to ice. He winds it back, aiming at Michael. Jet smirks as he flings it at him, Gabriel hears something zooming towards them. He looks around and sees the spike.