To Romance A Charming Rogue : Part 12

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part.

Gauri was anxiously waiting for Om to contact her. She had tried calling him and his phone had been switched off. She wasn't worried exactly; she was only concerned. She trusted him and after their breakup and the patch up, her faith in him has become stronger. Hearing a buzz on her phone, she quickly checks the message and sighs in a little disappointment that it was Priyanka and not Om. She quickly opens it, even though her heart told her that she would be the first one he would contact, her brain reasoned that maybe he might have gone home and Priyanka is messaging to inform her that.

Did he call? Where you able to talk to him? I am so worried.

Sighing, Gauri replies quickly.

Not yet. He will call. You relax. Will let you know as soon as I talk to him.

Gauri was waiting for Om as she checked her phone every other minute. It was late night and he still hadn't called. Gauri tries his number once more and it comes again switched off. Sighing, Gauri sits wondering what to do. She had no idea where to go look for him. he could have gone anywhere. Why didn't I go after him?

*knock* *knock*

Gauri sits up in shock as she wondered whether she imagined the soft knock.

Then she hears the whisper. "Gauri?"

Gauri hurries to the balcony door and opens it to find Om.

Gauri quickly hugs him tight in relief and says, "Where were you? I was starting to get worried."

"Just starting to?" Om asks curiously.

"I had faith in you. I knew you wouldn't leave me." Gauri tells him smiling.

Om smiles, "I thought you would be worried that is why I came now."

"Are you alright?" Gauri asks him as she cupped his face.

"Yes." Om tells her with a gentle smile and then he hugs her.

"I should inform Prinku. She is really worried." Gauri informs him as she turned to walk towards her bed.

Gauri was typing her message to Priyanka and Om comes behind her and hugs her from behind. Gauri quickly finishes off the message and turns around to look at Om. She cups his face and kisses him on his forehead.

"Where did you go?"

"I don't know." Om replies lost. "I just drove around."

Gauri hugs Om tight and Om hugs her back tighter.

"Did you eat?"

"No."

"I'll get you something to eat."

Om nods in reply.

Few minutes later, Gauri was feeding Om.

"What did your mother say?"

"She didn't say anything. I told her that I have faith in you and that you would come back."

Om nods and then he tells her, "I am sorry you had to witness that."

Seeing a tear fall from his eyes, Gauri quickly wipes it off.

"What happened after I left?"

"You want more?" Gauri asks Om as she fed him the last piece, wondering whether she should tell him the truth or lie.

"No." Om says shaking his head.

Gauri quickly gets up and keeps the empty plate on the table and goes to the washroom to wash her hand.