Haunted House : Part Four

Thanks to all for voting and commenting.

Two weeks later.

Gauri was rebelling against the whole wide world because of her anger against a single man. Huffing and puffing, she replayed her insult in her mind for the millionth time as she lay on her bed. She was cursing the mighty Omkara in her mind when she hears her father calling her name.

"Gauri."

"WHAT?" Gauri snaps back at him, if it wasn't for him, she wouldn't have never come to this stupid house and met Priyanka and then regretfully met Mr. Mighty-ungrateful-pig Oberoi.

"Please come here."

"I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT GHOSTS! I AM DONE WITH GHOSTS!" Gauri screams back at him, still furious at his audacity of asking her or infact pressurizing her about helping other ghosts with ungrateful family members.

"Gauri... please come out." Inder says in a reasonable whisper.

He was standing outside the door.

Furiously, Gauri gets up from her bed and rips open the bedroom door.

"I AM NOT TALKING TO ANOTHER GHOST AND HAVE HER GOOD FOR NOTHING BROTHER THROW ME OUT OF HIS HOUSE."

"Ermm... I told you not to get attached." Inder says in an embarrassed tone as he looked at Omkara.

"WELL I AM NOT GETTING CLOSE TO ANYONE." Gauri replies.

"Gauri... calm down... Omkara is here to see you."

"WHAT?" Gauri shouts in outrage and looks around to find Omkara sitting at the couch as he watched her like one watches a circus. "YOU!"

"GAURI, what are you wearing?" Madhavi asks her in panic.

Mommy the angel. The only sane family member who agreed with her that ghosts and their stupid brother should be left alone.

"What?" Gauri asks her in a mild tone and looks at herself.

Gauri gasps in shock. As part of her rebellion she had refused to take a shower and was still wearing her faded shorts and t-shirts that were torn and had huge holes all over. Gauri gasps in shock as she put her hand to her head and stops in shock. She had refused to brush her hair for two weeks straight to show her father and all those ghosts and their stupid brother how serious she was about not helping ghost. Agitated, she starts to run her hand through her hair and her fingers get tangled in the knots. Frustrated and humiliated, Gauri turns to Omkara and instructs him, "You wait. I will come now."

Omkara nods in reply as he continued to watch her in amusement.

"Ask him not to smile." Gauri instructs Inder who had belatedly only realized her shameful attire and nods his head.

Twenty minutes later, Gauri comes out scrubbed and cleaned and her hair wet and brushed down, her eyes and lips painted with eye liner, eye shadow and lipstick. She marches to Omkara.

"GET OUT." Gauri orders him hands on hips.

Omkara gives her an amused look. "Did you just dress up to throw me out of your house?"

Gauri gets flustered hearing him and then recovering she says, "Yes. Any problem?"

"Gauri... he is our guest." Inder reminds her irately.

"He threw me out of his house!" Gauri complains in outrage.

"I did not. I politely asked you to never come again." Omkara reminds her.